Digital Video Concepts, Methods, and Metrics: Quality, Compression, Performance, and Power Trade off Analysis
Posted on 2019-08-13, by nokia241186.
Shahriar Akramullah | 2014 | ISBN: 1430267127 | English | 368 pages | PDF | 8 MB
Digital Video Concepts, Methods, and Metrics: Quality, Compression, Performance, and Power Trade-off Analysis is a concise reference for professionals in a wide range of applications and vocations. It focuses on giving the reader mastery over the concepts, methods and metrics of digital video coding, so that readers have sufficient understanding to choose and tune coding parameters for optimum results that would suit their particular needs for quality, compression, speed and power.
The practical aspects are many: Uploading video to the Internet is only the beginning of a trend where a consumer controls video quality and speed by trading off various other factors. Open source and proprietary applications such as video e-mail, private party content generation, editing and archiving, and cloud asset management would give further control to the end-user.
Digital video is frequently compressed and coded for easier storage and transmission. This process involves visual quality loss due to typical data compression techniques and requires use of high performance computing systems. A careful balance between the amount of compression, the visual quality loss and the coding speed is necessary to keep the total system cost down, while delivering a good user experience for various video applications. At the same time, power consumption optimizations are also essential to get the job done on inexpensive consumer platforms.
Trade-offs can be made among these factors, and relevant considerations are particularly important in resource-constrained low power devices. To better understand the trade-offs this book discusses a comprehensive set of engineering principles, strategies, methods and metrics. It also exposes readers to approaches on how to differentiate and rank video coding solutions.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41113
- 2020-07-28Digital Video Concepts, Methods, and Metrics: Quality, Compression, Performance, and Power Trade-off Analysis
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Digital Video Concepts, Methods, and Metrics: Quality, Compression, Performance, and Power Trade-off Analysis
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Digital Video Concepts, Methods, and Metrics - Removed
- 2012-01-04Analytical Methods and Approaches for Water Resources Project Planning
- 2008-03-11Solutions to: Financial Accounting: An Introduction to Concepts, Methods and Uses
- 2020-06-02In Situ Monitoring of Fiber-Reinforced Composites: Theory, Basic Concepts, Methods, and Applications (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- 2020-05-26Edible Oil Structuring Concepts, Methods and Applications
- 2020-05-11Edible Oil Structuring - Concepts, Methods and Applications
- 2020-01-27Co-design in Living Labs for Healthcare and Independent Living: Concepts, Methods and Tools (Health Engineering and Society)
- 2020-01-12Chemical Reaction Kinetics: Concepts, Methods and Case Studies
- 2019-12-03Loss and Damage from Climate Change: Concepts, Methods and Policy Options (Climate Risk Management, Policy and Governance)
- 2019-12-02Corporations as Custodians of the Public Good?: Exploring the Intersection of Corporate Water Stewardship and Global Water Governance (Water Governance - Concepts, Methods, and Practice)
- 2019-11-25European Water Law and Hydropolitics: An Inquiry into the Resilience of Transboundary Water Governance in the European Union (Water Governance - Concepts, Methods, and Practice)
- 2019-11-21Approaching Philosophy of Religion: An Introduction to Key Thinkers, Concepts, Methods and Debates
- 2019-07-30The Frenkel-Kontorova Model; Concepts, Methods, and Applications (Theoretical and Mathematical Physics)
- 2019-07-10Antiviral RNAi Concepts, Methods, and Applications
- 2019-05-06Financial Accounting An Introduction to Concepts, Methods and Uses, 13 edition
- 2019-03-23Financial Accounting An Introduction to Concepts, Methods and Uses, 13 edition
- 2019-03-20Financial Accounting An Introduction to Concepts, Methods and Uses
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.