Posted on 2020-08-01, by books_lover.
While film studies has traditionally treated the presence of the city in film as an urban text operating inside of a cinematic one, this approach has recently evolved into the study of cinema as a technology of place. From this perspective, Documenting Cityscapes explores the way the city has been depicted by nonfiction filmmakers since the late 1970s, paying particular attention to three aesthetic tendencies: documentary landscaping, urban self-portraits, and metafilmic strategies. Through the formal analysis of fifteen works from six different countries, this volume investigates how the rise of subjectivity has helped to develop a kind of gaze that is closer to citizens than to the institutions and corporations responsible for recent major transformations. Documenting Cityscapes therefore reveals the extent to which cinema has become an agent of urban change, in which certain films not only challenge the most controversial policies of late capitalism but also are able to produce s
- Ebooks list page : 44208
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Documenting Cityscapes: Urban Change in Contemporary Non-Fiction Film (Nonfictions)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Documenting Cityscapes: Urban Change in Contemporary Non-Fiction Film (Nonfictions)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Documenting World Politics: A Critical Companion to IR and Non-Fiction Film
- 2011-08-04Documentary Screens: Non-Fiction Film and Television
- 2020-06-18Non-Fiction 2018 BDRip x264-BiPOLAR
- 2020-05-05Visual Devices in Contemporary Prose Fiction: Gaps, Gestures, Images
- 2020-05-03Documentary Voice & Vision A Creative Approach To Non Fiction Media Production
- 2020-04-30Suicide and Contemporary Science Fiction
- 2020-04-17On Literature and Philosophy: The Non-Fiction Writing of Naguib Mahfouz: Volume 1
- 2020-03-22The Scribe Method: The Best Way to Write and Publish Your Non-Fiction Book
- 2019-12-26Sustainable Urbanization in India: Challenges and Opportunities (Exploring Urban Change in South Asia)
- 2019-09-26The New York Times Best Sellers: Non Fiction September 1, 2019
- 2019-08-28Coming of Age in Contemporary American Fiction
- 2019-08-19Contemporary German Fiction; Writing in the Berlin Republic (Cambridge Studies in German)
- 2019-07-16The New York Times Best Sellers Non-Fiction - July 21, 2019
- 2019-07-03Chasing Warsaw Socio-Material Dynamics of Urban Change since 1990
- 2019-05-25The New York Times Best Sellers: Non-Fiction - May 26, 2019
- 2019-03-21Speedreading Non-fiction In 12 Easy Steps
- 2019-03-18Palimpsests Biographies of 50 City Districts. International Case Studies of Urban Change
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.