Posted on 2020-06-28, by books_lover.
The past two decades have witnessed a proliferation of scholarship on dress in the ancient world. These recent studies have established the extent to which Greece and Rome were vestimentary cultures, and they have demonstrated the critical role dress played in communicating individuals’ identities, status, and authority. Despite this emerging interest in ancient dress, little work has been done to understand religious aspects and uses of dress. This volume aims to fill this gap by examining a diverse range of religious sources, including literature, art, performance, coinage, economic markets, and memories. Employing theoretical frames from a range of disciplines, contributors to the volume demonstrate how dress developed as a topos within Judean and Christian rhetoric, symbolism, and performance from the first century BCE to the fifth century CE. Specifically, they demonstrate how religious meanings were entangled with other social logics, revealing the many layers of meaning attached
- Ebooks list page : 43992
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Dressing Judeans and Christians in Antiquity
- 2020-01-24Rewriting the Ancient World, Greeks, Romans, Jews and Christians in Modern Popular Fiction (Metaforms: Studies in the Reception of Classical Antiquity)
- 2018-09-19Pagans and Christians in Late Antiquity: A Sourcebook (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Ways That Never Parted: Jews and Christians in Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Religious Identity in Late Antiquity: Greeks, Jews and Christians in Antioch (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2010-12-17Emmanouela Grypeou, Helen Spurling - The Exegetical Encounter between Jews and Christians in Late Antiquity - Removed
- 2009-09-21Religious Identity in Late Antiquity: Greeks, Jews and Christians in Antioch (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2020-06-17A People's History of Classics Class and Greco Roman Antiquity in Britain and Ir...
- 2020-05-25A People's History of Classics - Class and Greco-Roman Antiquity in Britain and Ir...
- 2020-05-18Architecture and Mathematics from Antiquity to the Future: Volume I: Antiquity to the 1500s
- 2020-04-29Greek Models of Mind and Self (Revealing Antiquity)
- 2019-12-26Religions and Education in Antiquity (Numen Book Series Studies in the History of Religions)
- 2019-08-27Food and Drink in Antiquity A Sourcebook Readings from the Graeco-Roman World
- 2019-07-15$%(Great) - Why You Should Read Arresting Dress: Cross-Dressing, Law, and Fascination in Nineteenth-Century San Francisco by Clare Sears Online or Download [*PDF *EPUB *MOBI]
- 2019-06-26Architecture and Mathematics from Antiquity to the Future Volume I Antiquity to the 1500s
- 2019-01-10Anti-Semitism Myth and Hate from Antiquity to the Present
- 2018-12-25Anti-Semitism Myth and Hate from Antiquity to the Present
- 2018-11-23Resistance Jews and Christians Who Defied the Nazi Terror
- 2018-11-22A Common Word Muslims and Christians on Loving God and Neighbor
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.