Posted on 2021-06-10, by Jockerss.
Eidolon Avenue The First Feast by Jonathan Winn
epub | 317.22 KB | English | Isbn:B01A9DPU48 | Author: Winn, Jonathan | Year: 2016
Eidolon Avenue: Where the secretly guilty go to die.
One building. Five floors. Five doors per floor. Twenty-five nightmares feeding the hunger lurking between the bricks and waiting beneath the boards.
The First Feast. A retired Chinese assassin in apartment 1A fleeing from a lifetime of bloodshed. A tattooed man in 1B haunted by his most dangerous regret. A frat boy serial killer in 1C facing his past and an elderly married couple stumbling and wounded from fifty years of failed murder/suicide pacts in 1D. And, finally, a young girl in 1E whose quiet thoughts unleash unspeakable horror.
All thrown into their own private hell as every cruel choice, every deadly mistake, every drop of spilled blood is remembered, resurrected and relived to feed the ancient evil that lives on Eidolon Avenue.
Interview with the author:
Q: So what makes Eidolon Avenue so special?
Jonathan: A collection of five shorts taking place in five apartments on the same floor of the same building. So, as a reader, there's the necessary luxury of being locked onto one space, which gives you an anchor, so to speak, but, as the writer, I'm allowed the freedom to create five different nightmares. And even though they happen next door to each other-an idea I love-they need not be like each other, you know? As a reader, you finish the story for the first apartment, turn the page to the second apartment and, kept safe by the anchor of the building, find yourself thrown into a whole new, unexpected, surprising world.
Q: Tell us more about your lead characters.
Jonathan: There really is just one lead character whose shadow darkens everything: the building.
And who is the building? The building is relentless. And greedy. It calls to it the wounded, the lost, the guilty, the depraved. It embraces the desperate and the abandoned, offering them for a brief moment the dishonest safety of "home" and then digs deep. Burrows in. Knocks down the barriers to feast on the shameful memories tucked in those forgotten corners of the mind. Gnaws on the tender spots waiting beneath the muscle, the sinew, the bone. Feeds on their secrets, their guilt, their failings and mistakes. Rips from them the most sensitive of their psychological underpinnings and uses them to weaken the body, cloud the mind and destroy the soul. With each story, book by book, the building, even if unseen and silent, is the lead character driving the narrative.
Q: Why should readers give this shared-world collection a try?
Jonathan: Essentially it's five books in one. Each story has its own distinctive voice driven by its own unique, multi-faceted character. And every character is completely different than the character before as well as the one that follows. They all linger in different ways long after you've reached the end of their story. Furthermore, one of the strengths of Eidolon Avenue is the push-pull of each character's struggle. Yes, they've made mistakes, destroyed lives, insisted on following through with atrocious decisions and they're most definitely paying for all of that now.
But you also see the doubt, the regret, the knowledge of what they've done wrong and what could have been done differently. The need to apologize and the desire to be forgiven and to forgive themselves. So there's a journey, an emotional journey, with each story. Wrapped in all the darkness and horrifying retribution is human emotion and a very real human awareness of what's happening and why.
Proudly brought to you by Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths
Category:Horror Short Stories, Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Paranormal & Urban Fantasy
Hosters: Rapidgator | Nitroflare
- Ebooks list page : 47911
- 2012-03-13Yakovlev Yak-23: The First Yakovlev Jet Fighters (Mushroom Yellow Series No.6124)
- 2012-01-08New In Chess: The First 25 Years 1984 - 2009, An Anthology - Removed
- 2011-08-26Apollo 11 - The First Giant Leap for Mankind
- 2012-06-03The Spicer Web: The Romance of a Flying-Boat Flight in the First World War
- 2012-09-25The First Interview, 3rd Edition - Removed
- 2012-02-14Abraham Lincoln and Treason in the Civil War: The Trials of John Merryman (Conflicting Worlds: New Dimensions of the American Civil War) - Jonathan W. White
- 2012-02-03Joe Ledger: The Missing Files [AudioBook] - Jonathan Maberry
- 2012-01-19The Ring of Solomon - Jonathan Stroud - Removed
- 2012-01-14The Skeptical Economist: Revealing the Ethics Inside Economics - Jonathan Aldred - Removed
- 2012-01-09Joe Ledger: The Missing Files [AudioBook] - Jonathan Maberry
- 2012-01-08Interpreting the National Electrical Code - Jonathan Althouse - Removed
- 2012-01-07The Amulet of Samarkand - Jonathan Stroud - Removed
- 2012-01-07The Ring of Solomon - Jonathan Stroud - Removed
- 2012-01-06Joe Ledger: The Missing Files [AudioBook] - Jonathan Maberry
- 2012-01-04The Spiritual-Industrial Complex: America's Religious Battle against Communism in the Early Cold War - Jonathan P. Herzog
- 2012-01-04Joe Ledger: The Missing Files [AudioBook] - Jonathan Maberry
- 2012-01-01Joe Ledger: The Missing Files [AudioBook] - Jonathan Maberry
- 2011-12-30The Authentic Magic Flute Libretto: Mozart's Autograph or the First Full-Score Edition? - Michael Freyhan
- 2011-12-29The First Interview, Third Edition - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.