Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-03-04. By anonymous.
Publisher: Edinburgh University Press | 2009 | ISBN 0748623655 | PDF | 209 pages | 11.3 MB
Performing Englishness examines the conflicts, dilemmas and contradictions that marked Englishness as the nation changed from an imperial power to a postcolonial state. The chapters deal with travel writing, popular song, music hall and variety theatre, dances, elocution lessons, cricket and football, and national festivals, as well as literature and film. 'High' and 'popular' cultures are brought together in dialogue, and the diversity as well as the problematic nature of English identity is emphasised. The case studies are linked by their interests in different kinds of performances of being English, and by a particular focus upon the voice and the body as key sites for the struggles of modern England. The book is a lively contribution to current interdisciplinary debates about Englishness, national cultures and postcolonial identities. It is relevant to undergraduate students of literature, drama, film, politics and sociology, and will also appeal to a general readership.
NO Mirrors !!!
- Ebooks list page : 4883
- 2020-04-24The Making of Salafism: Islamic Reform in the Twentieth Century (Religion, Culture, and Public Life)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Making of Salafism: Islamic Reform in the Twentieth Century (Religion, Culture, and Public Life)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Making of Salafism: Islamic Reform in the Twentieth Century (Religion, Culture, and Public Life)
- 2011-07-05Inna Di Dancehall: Popular Culture And the Politics of Identity in Jamaica
- 2022-11-24Consuming Japan Popular Culture and the Globalizing of 1980s America
- 2022-06-21Transnational Fascism in the Twentieth Century Spain, Italy and the Global Neo-Fascist Network
- 2022-06-20Transnational Fascism in the Twentieth Century Spain, Italy and the Global Neo-Fascist Network
- 2021-08-10Postfeminism in Context Women, Australian Popular Culture, and the Unsettling of Postfeminism
- 2021-06-24Pop City: Korean Popular Culture and the Selling of Place
- 2021-04-23Popular Culture and the Transformation of Japan-Korea Relations
- 2021-04-15Popular Culture and the Transformation of Japan-Korea Relations
- 2020-04-17China's Twentieth Century: Revolution, Retreat and the Road to Equality
- 2019-07-04Popular Culture and the Political Values of Neoliberalism
- 2018-11-01Popular Culture and the Shaping of Holocaust Memory in America
- 2018-10-07Italian Jewish Networks from the Seventeenth to the Twentieth Century Bridging Europe and the Mediterranean
- 2018-07-15Teaching the Bible through Popular Culture and the Arts
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Reframing 9 / 11: Film, Popular Culture and the 'War on Terror'
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Cyborgs and Barbie Dolls: Feminism, Popular Culture and the Posthuman Body
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Balkan Popular Culture and the Ottoman Ecumene: Music, Image, and Regional Political Discourse (Europea: Ethnomusicologies and Modernities)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.