Epic Performances from the Middle Ages Into the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
Posted on 2022-11-29, by book2023.
Fiona Macintosh, Justine McConnell, Stephen Harrison, "Epic Performances from the Middle Ages Into the Twenty-First Century"
English | 2018 | ISBN: 0198804210 | PDF | pages: 666 | 96.6 mb
Greek and Roman epic poetry has always provided creative artists in the modern world with a rich storehouse of themes. Tim Supple and Simon Reade's 1999 stage adaptation of Ted Hughes' Tales from Ovid for the RSC heralded a new lease of life for receptions of the genre, and it now routinely provides raw material for the performance repertoire of both major cultural institutions and emergent, experimental theatre companies.
This volume represents the first systematic attempt to chart the afterlife of epic in modern performance traditions, with chapters covering not only a significant chronological span, but also ranging widely across both place and genre, analysing lyric, film, dance, and opera from Europe to Asia and the Americas. What emerges most clearly is how anxieties about the ability to write epic in the early modern world, together with the ancient precedent of Greek tragedy's reworking of epic material, explain its migration to the theatre. This move, though, was not without problems, as epic encountered the barriers imposed by neo-classicists, who sought to restrict serious theatre to a narrowly defined reality that precluded its broad sweeps across time and place. In many instances in recent years, the fact that the Homeric epics were composed orally has rendered reinvention not only legitimate, but also deeply appropriate, opening up a range of forms and traditions within which epic themes
and structures may be explored. Drawing on the expertise of specialists from the fields of classical studies, English and comparative literature, modern languages, music, dance, and theatre and performance studies, as well as from practitioners within the creative industries, the volume is able to offer an unprecedented modern and dynamic study of 'epic' content and form across myriad diverse performance arenas.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
Download From 1DL
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
9195 dl's @ 2702 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9931 dl's @ 2491 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5646 dl's @ 3702 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Epic Performances from the Middle Ages Into the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 55399
- 2020-09-14Disability Visibility: First Person Stories from the Twenty First Century: Unabridged Selections (Audiobook)
- 2014-03-30Sources in the Development of Mathematics: Series and Products from the Fifteenth to the Twenty-first Century (repost)
- 2013-12-28The Penguin History of Modern Russia: From Tsarism to the Twenty-First Century (repost)
- 2013-08-22The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
- 2013-07-12The Making of Urban Japan: Cities and Planning from Edo to the Twenty First Century (repost)
- 2013-02-10Scientific Exploration and Expeditions: From the Age of Discovery to the Twenty-first Century (repost)
- 2014-03-12Raising the Corporate Umbrella: Corporate Communications in the Twenty-First Century (repost) - Removed
- 2014-01-27Fun Inc.: Why Gaming Will Dominate the Twenty-First Century (repost) - Removed
- 2014-01-22Markets, Money and Capital: Hicksian Economics for the Twenty First Century (repost)
- 2013-11-29Critical Issues in HRD: A New Agenda for the Twenty-first Century [Repost]
- 2013-11-26Clausewitz in the Twenty-First Century [Repost]
- 2013-11-24Carbon Nanotubes and Related Structures: New Materials for the Twenty-first Century (repost)
- 2013-10-30Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century (repost)
- 2013-09-25The Pentagon's New Map: War and Peace in the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
- 2013-09-06The Illusion of Control: Force and Foreign Policy in the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
- 2013-08-12Kafka for the Twenty-First Century [Repost]
- 2013-07-15The Next Cold War?: American Alternatives for the Twenty-First Century (repost)
- 2013-03-12Ecology of Fresh Waters: A View for the Twenty-First Century (repost)
- 2013-03-02Practice Under Pressure: Primary Care Physicians and Their Medicine in the Twenty-first Century (repost)
No comments for "Epic Performances from the Middle Ages Into the Twenty-First Century (Repost)".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.