Posted on 2018-05-18, updated at 2018-06-02, by perica123.
Ethics and Practice in Science Communication by Susanna Priest, Jean Goodwin, Michael F. Dahlstrom
English | 2018 | ISBN: 022654060X | 336 Pages | PDF | 1.6 MB
From climate to vaccination, stem-cell research to evolution, scientific work is often the subject of public controversies in which scientists and science communicators find themselves enmeshed. Especially with such hot-button topics, science communication plays vital roles. Gathering together the work of a multidisciplinary, international collection of scholars, the editors of Ethics and Practice in Science Communication present an enlightening dialogue involving these communities, one that articulates the often differing objectives and ethical responsibilities communicators face in bringing a range of scientific knowledge to the wider world.
In three sections-how ethics matters, professional practice, and case studies-contributors to this volume explore the many complex questions surrounding the communication of scientific results to nonscientists. Has the science been shared clearly and accurately? Have questions of risk, uncertainty, and appropriate representation been adequately addressed? And, most fundamentally, what is the purpose of communicating science to the public: Is it to inform and empower? Or to persuade-to influence behavior and policy? By inspiring scientists and science communicators alike to think more deeply about their work, this book reaffirms that the integrity of the communication of science is vital to a healthy relationship between science and society today.
- Ebooks list page : 36189
- 2018-06-02Ethics and Practice in Science Communication
- 2011-11-12Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII
- 2011-05-31Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII: Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, (International ... and Philosophy of Science// Proc
- 2019-01-30Visualization Theory and Practice in Science Education - Removed
- 2019-01-15Visualization Theory and Practice in Science Education - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Forensic Laboratory Handbook: Procedures and Practice (Forensic Science and Medicine)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Computer Science with MATHEMATICA: Theory and Practice for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Molecular Imaging: Computer Reconstruction and Practice (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Pediatric Neuropsychology, Second Edition: Research, Theory, and Practice (The Science and Practice of Neuropsychology)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The Solution -Focused Helper: Ethics and Practice in Health and Social Care
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Rethinking Rehabilitation: Theory and Practice (Rehabilitation Science in Practice Series)
- 2017-12-02Computer Science with MATHEMATICA Â®; Theory and Practice for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Computer Science with MATHEMATICA : Theory and Practice for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering
- 2017-11-04[PDF] China Low-Carbon Healthy City, Technology Assessment and Practice (Environmental Science and Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Forensic Archaeology: Advances in Theory and Practice (Forensic Science)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Solid Waste Management: Principles and Practice (Environmental Science and Engineering)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Sustainable Air Pollution Management: Theory and Practice (Environmental Science and Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Forensic Archaeology: Advances in Theory and Practice (Forensic Science)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Solution -Focused Helper: Ethics and Practice in Health and Social Care
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.