Posted on 2019-12-10, by rizentrop.
How does Einstein’s description of space and time compare with Doctor Who? Can James Bond really escape from an armor-plated railroad car by cutting through the floor with a laser concealed in a wristwatch? What would it take to create a fully intelligent android, such as Star Trek’s Commander Data? Exploring Science Through Science Fiction addresses these and other intriguing questions, using science fiction as a springboard for discussing fundamental science concepts and cutting-edge science research. It includes references to original research papers, landmark scientific publications and technical documents, as well as a broad range of science literature at a more popular level. The revised second edition includes expanded discussions on topics such as gravitational waves and black holes, machine learning and quantum computing, gene editing, and more. In all, the second edition now features over 220 references to specific scenes in more than 160 sci-fi movies and TV episodes, s
- Ebooks list page : 42054
- 2012-01-19Security Operations Management, Second Edition - Robert McCrie Professor And Chair Law Police Science And Criminal Justice Administration John Jay
- 2012-01-09Security Operations Management, Second Edition - Robert McCrie Professor And Chair Law Police Science And Criminal Justice Administration John Jay
- 2011-11-04Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-10-30Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-10-08An Assessment of Naval Hydromechanics Science and Technology (Compass Series)
- 2011-10-04Science and Technology for Army Homeland Security: Report 1
- 2011-09-30Earth Materials and Health: Research Priorities for Earth Science and Public Health
- 2011-09-22Numerical data and functional relationships in science and technology: Ternary alloy systems. Iron systems
- 2011-09-11Basic Research in Information Science and Technology for Air Force Needs
- 2011-09-08Science and Technology in Kazakhstan: Current Status and Future Prospects
- 2011-09-01The Fundamental Role of Science and Technology in International Development
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-06-03Science and Technology for Army Homeland Security: Report 1
- 2012-04-24Nano and Micro Engineered Membrane Technology, Volume 10 (Membrane Science and Technology) by CJM van Rijn
- 2019-12-04New Light Through Old Windows: Exploring Contemporary Science Through 12 Classic Science Fiction Tales (Science and Fiction)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Exploring Science Through Science Fiction (Science and Fiction) - Removed
- 2019-11-06Exploring Science Through Science Fiction Ed 2
- 2018-08-27Exploring Science Through Science Fiction (EPUB) - Removed
- 2014-03-31Exploring Science Through Science Fiction [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.