Posted on 2017-07-17, by everest555.
Faith and Charity :
Religion and Humanitarian Assistance in West Africa
by Marie Nathalie LeBlanc and Louis Audet Gosselin
English | 2016 | ISBN: 0745336736 | 251 Pages | PDF | 3.84 MB
Exploring the logics of economic liberalization, the authors look at how these changes have also transformed the attitudes of individuals towards society and the economy in ways that privilege individual achievement over any kind of collective well-being.
Since the 1990s, most African economies and public spheres have been liberalised, and new civil society actors have emerged. As mapped out by Marie Nathalie LeBlanc and Louis Audet Gosselin, in West Africa Christian and Muslim organisations have come to dominate the field of humanitarian assistance. Moving beyond mainstream development theory, Faith and Charity brings out the crucial role of religion in the development process and the interplay of moral and political ideologies. From faith-based NGOs to individual local activists, the authors explore how each group makes sense of, and contributes to, the wider process of social development in the neoliberal era. Based on extensive research and deploying a sophisticated and original frame of analysis, Faith and Charity will make an important contribution to the existing literature on development anthropology and the anthropology of religion in Africa.
- Ebooks list page : 31795
- 2013-05-28International Law and Humanitarian Assistance: A Crosscut Through Legal Issues Pertaining to Humanitarianism
- 2013-05-24International Law and Humanitarian Assistance: A Crosscut Through Legal Issues Pertaining to Humanitarianism
- 2011-08-13International Law and Humanitarian Assistance: A Crosscut Through Legal Issues Pertaining to Humanitarianism
- 2011-01-23International Law and Humanitarian Assistance: A Crosscut Through Legal Issues Pertaining to Humanitarianism
- 2019-01-10Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability in Rural West Africa
- 2018-12-28Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability in Rural West Africa
- 2017-11-02Cross-border Co-operation and Policy Networks in West Africa
- 2011-09-15[RS.com] Ethics and the Internet in West Africa: Toward an E
- 2009-03-19Ethics and the Internet in West Africa: Toward an Ethical Model of Integration
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Faith, Secularism, and Humanitarian Engagement: Finding the Place of Religion in the Support of Displaced Communities (Religion and Global Migrations)
- 2018-10-29Religion in the News Faith and Journalism in American Public Discourse
- 2018-08-16The Spiritual Mandela Faith and Religion in the Life of Nelson Mandela
- 2018-08-05Faith and Power Religion and Politics in the Middle East
- 2018-06-06Religion and Progressive Activism New Stories About Faith and Politics
- 2018-05-07Religion and Resistance in Appalachia Faith and the Fight against Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Divided by Faith and Ethnicity (Religion and Society)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Humanitarian Assistance for Displaced Persons from Myanmar: Royal Thai Government Policy and Donor, INGO, NGO and UN Agency Delivery (SpringerBriefs in Environment, Security, Development and Peace)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Faith and Power: Religion and Politics in the Middle East
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Faith Instinct: How Religion Evolved and Why It Endures
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.