Posted on 2014-02-09. By anonymous.
English | 2011 | ISBN: 1595584951 , 1595588345 | ISBN-13: 9781595584953 , 9781595588340 | 400 pages | EPUB | 0,55 MB
A decade after the Human Genome Project proved that human beings are not naturally divided by race, the emerging fields of personalized medicine, reproductive technologies, genetic genealogy, and DNA databanks are attempting to resuscitate race as a biological category written in our genes.
In this provocative analysis, leading legal scholar and social critic Dorothy Roberts argues that America is once again at the brink of a virulent outbreak of classifying population by race. By searching for differences at the molecular level, a new race-based science is obscuring racism in our society and legitimizing state brutality against communities of color at a time when America claims to be post-racial.
Moving from an account of the evolution of raceâ€”proving that it has always been a mutable and socially defined political division supported by mainstream scienceâ€”Roberts delves deep into the current debates, interrogating the newest science and biotechnology, interviewing its researchers, and exposing the political consequences obscured by the focus on genetic difference. Fatal Invention is a provocative call for us to affirm our common humanity.
- Ebooks list page : 25093
- 2018-04-10The Return of the Moguls How Jeff Bezos and John Henry Are Remaking Newspapers for the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-04-29The Post-Racial Mystique: Media and Race in the Twenty-First Century (Critical Cultural Communication)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Decline of the U.S. Hegemony?: A Challenge of ALBA and a New Latin American Integration of the Twenty-First Century (Security in the Americas in the Twenty-First Century)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Psychoanalysis and Philosophy of Mind: Unconscious Mentality in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2013-07-20Wealth and Power: China's Long March to the Twenty-first Century
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Big Book of Scandal: Trashy but True Tales from the Tawdry World's of Celebrity, High Society, Politics, and Big Business! (Factoid Books)
- 2011-12-02The Big Book of Scandal: Trashy but True Tales from the Tawdry Worldâ€™s of Celebrity, High Society, Politics, and Big Business!
- 2020-02-08Order Wars and Floating Balance: How the Rising Powers Are Reshaping Our Worldview in the Twenty-First Century (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- 2021-09-04Eastern Christianity and Politics in the Twenty-First Century
- 2021-04-23Falsehood and Fallacy: How to Think, Read, and Write in the Twenty First Century
- 2020-10-22Flop Musicals of the Twenty First Century: How They Happened, When They Happened (and What We've Learned)
- 2020-05-07Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2020-04-11Re-Creating Nature: Science, Technology, and Human Values in the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-02-25The Affects, Cognition, and Politics of Samuel Beckett's Postwar Drama and Fiction: Revolutionary and Evolutionary Paradoxes (New Interpretations of Beckett in the Twenty-First Century)
- 2019-03-27Crossing the Aisle How Bipartisanship Brought Tennessee to the Twenty-First Century and Could Sav...
- 2018-10-14Chaos in the Liberal Order The Trump Presidency and International Politics in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Gravity's Ghost and Big Dog: Scientific Discovery and Social Analysis in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.