Posted on 2018-05-17, by perica123.
Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility [Audiobook] by James Carse
English | May 1, 2018 | ASIN: B07C9JBQ23, ISBN: 1508263515 | MP3@64 kbps | 4 hrs 11 mins | 115 MB
Narrator: Jonathan Todd Ross
"There are at least two kinds of games," states James P. Carse as he begins this extraordinary book. "One could be called finite, the other infinite."
Finite games are the familiar contests of everyday life; they are played in order to be won, which is when they end. But infinite games are more mysterious. Their object is not winning but ensuring the continuation of play. The rules may change, the boundaries may change, even the participants may change - as long as the game is never allowed to come to an end.
What are infinite games? How do they affect the ways we play our finite games? What are we doing when we play - finitely or infinitely? And how can infinite games affect the ways in which we live our lives?
Carse explores these questions with stunning elegance, teasing out of his distinctions a universe of observation and insight, noting where and why and how we play, finitely and infinitely. He surveys our world - from the finite games of the playing field and playing board to the infinite games found in culture and religion - leaving all we think we know illuminated and transformed. Along the way, Carse finds new ways of understanding everything, from how an actress portrays a role to how we engage in sex, from the nature of evil to the nature of science. Finite games, he shows, may offer wealth and status, power and glory, but infinite games offer something far more subtle and far grander.
Carse has written a book rich in insight and aphorism. Already an international literary event, Finite and Infinite Games is certain to be argued about and celebrated for years to come. Listening to it is the first step in learning to play the infinite game.
- Ebooks list page : 36188
- 2018-06-05Finite and Infinite Games A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-15[PDF] FINITE AND INFINITE GAMES
- 2013-04-25James Carse, "Finite and Infinite Games."
- 2012-05-13Finite and Infinite Games
- 2018-11-25Theory of dimensions, finite and infinite
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Finite Versus Infinite: Contributions to an Eternal Dilemma (Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Positive Operator Semigroups: From Finite to Infinite Dimensions (Operator Theory: Advances and Applications) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Advanced Combinatorics: The Art of Finite and Infinite Expansions
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Introduction to Finite and Infinite Dimensional Lie (Super)algebras
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Finite or Infinite Dimensional Complex Analysis and Applications (Advances in Complex Analysis and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Finite and Infinite Goods: A Framework for Ethics
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Finite and Infinite Goods: A Framework for Ethics
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Introduction to Finite and Infinite Dimensional Lie (Super)algebras
- 2013-08-26Finite and Infinite Goods: A Framework for Ethics by Robert Merrihew Adams
- 2013-05-31Games People Play: Game Theory in Life, Business, and Beyond (Audiobook - TTC) (Repost)
- 2013-03-17Geometric Mechanics and Symmetry: From Finite to Infinite Dimensions (repost)
- 2012-12-23The Molecular Vision of Life: Caltech, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Rise of the New Biology (Repost)
- 2012-01-22Control and Observer Design for Nonlinear Finite and Infinite Dimensional Systems (repost)
- 2012-01-01Lie Algebras, Part 2: Finite and Infinite Dimensional Lie Algebras and Applications in Physics (Studies in Mathematical Physics) (Pt. 2) - E.A. De Kerf
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.