Posted on 2019-06-25, by voska89.
Food Security and Sociopolitical Stability by Christopher B. Barrett
English | 2013 | ISBN: 0199679363, 0198758901 | 512 pages | PDF | 3,6 MB
Global food price spikes in 2008 and again in 2011 coincided with a surge of political unrest in low- and middle-income countries. Angry consumers took to the streets in scores of nations. In some places, food riots turned violent, pressuring governments and in a few cases contributed to their overthrow. Foreign investors sparked a new global land rush, adding a different set of pressures. With scientists cautioning that the world has entered a new era of steadily rising food prices, perhaps aggravated by climate change, the specter of widespread food insecurity and sociopolitical instability weighs on policymakers worldwide. In the past few years, governments and philanthropic foundations began redoubling efforts to resuscitate agricultural research and technology transfer, as well as to accelerate the modernization of food value chains to deliver high quality food inexpensively, faster, and in greater volumes to urban consumers. But will these efforts suffice? This volume explores the complex relationship between food security and sociopolitical stability up to roughly 2025. Organized around a series of original essays by leading global technical experts, a key message of this volume is that actions taken in an effort to address food security stressors may have consequences for food security, stability, or both that ultimately matter far more than the direct impacts of biophysical drivers such as climate or land or water scarcity. The means by which governments, firms, and private philanthropies tackle the food security challenge of the coming decade will fundamentally shape the relationship between food security and sociopolitical stability.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40704
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2012-03-10A Sustainability Challenge: Food Security for All: Report of Two Workshops
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2019-08-27Sustainable Intensification to Advance Food Security and Enhance Climate Resilience in Africa
- 2019-01-28Plant Nutrition Food security and sustainability of agro-ecosystems through basic and applied res...
- 2019-01-25Food Security and Climate Change
- 2019-01-11Food Security and Climate Change
- 2018-12-25Food Security and Climate Change
- 2018-11-27Climate Change, Food Security and Natural Resource Management Regional Case Studies from Three Conti...
- 2018-11-09Global Food Security and Wellness
- 2018-09-26Critical Role of Animal Science Research in Food Security and Sustainability
- 2018-07-20Critical Role of Animal Science Research in Food Security and Sustainability
- 2018-06-23The Commons, Plant Breeding and Agricultural Research Challenges for Food Security and Agrobiodiver
- 2018-05-31Critical Role of Animal Science Research in Food Security and Sustainability
- 2018-05-10The Commons, Plant Breeding and Agricultural Research Challenges for Food Security and Agrobiodiversity
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Food Security and Sustainable Development in Southern Africa
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Food Security and Child Malnutrition: The Impact on Health, Growth, and Well-Being
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Food Security and Soil Quality
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.