Food and Drink in Antiquity: A Sourcebook: Readings from the Graeco-Roman World (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
Posted on 2020-08-07, by books_lover.
Amid growing interest in food and drink as an academic discipline in recent years, this volume is the first to provide insight into eating and drinking by focusing on what the ancients themselves actually had to say about this important topic. A thorough and varied sourcebook, it is structured thematically and is a unique asset to any course on food and foodways. The chronological scope of the material extends from Greece of the 8th century BCE to the Late Roman Empire of the 4th century CE. Each chapter consists of an introduction along with a concluding bibliography of suggested readings. The excerpts themselves, rendered in clear and readable English that remains faithful to the original Latin or Greek, are set in their proper social and historical context, with the author of each passage fully identified. An unparalleled compilation of essential source material for Classics courses and with a wide range of evidence, drawing upon literary, inscriptional, legal and religious testim
- Ebooks list page : 44255
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Food and Drink in Antiquity: A Sourcebook: Readings from the Graeco-Roman World (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
- 2019-08-27Food and Drink in Antiquity A Sourcebook Readings from the Graeco-Roman World
- 2022-08-27Food and Drink in Antiquity Readings from the Graeco-Roman World A Sourcebook
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Sedulius, the Paschal Song and Hymns (Society of Biblical Literature: Writings from the Greco-Roman World) (Society of Biblical Literature (Numbered))
- 2022-02-12California Studies In Food And Culture 52 Sutton David E Secrets From The Greek Kitchen Cooking Skill And Everyday Life On An Aegean Island University Of California Press 2015
- 2020-02-22Eurasian Empires in Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages: Contact and Exchange between the Graeco-Roman World, Inner Asia and China
- 2020-01-24Citizens in the Graeco-Roman World, Aspects of Citizenship from the Archaic Period to AD 212 (Mnemosyne Supplements: History and Archaeology of Classical Antiquity)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Greek and Roman Sexualities: A Sourcebook (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
- 2010-02-11Famine and Food Supply in the Graeco-Roman World: Responses to Risk and Crisis
- 2021-06-03Dionysus and Politics: Constructing Authority in the Graeco Roman World
- 2020-08-23Athenian Democracy: A Sourcebook (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
- 2020-06-28Medicine and Markets in the Graeco-Roman World and Beyond Essays on Ancient Medicine in Honour o...
- 2019-12-30Empire and Political Cultures in the Roman World (Key Themes in Ancient History) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Proclus the Successor on Poetics and the Homeric Poems: Essays 5 and 6 of His Commentary on the Republic of Plato (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Chreia and Ancient Rhetoric: Commentaries on Aphthonius's Progymnasmata (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] New Aspects of Religion in Ancient Athens: Honors, Authorities, Esthetics, and Society (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Attis: Between Myth and History : King, Priest and God (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Sanctuaries and Cults in Crete from the Late Minoan IIIC to the Archaic Period: Continuity and Change (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Romanising Oriental Gods: Myth, Salvation and Ethics in the Cults of Cybele, Isis and Mithras (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.