Posted on 2019-08-27, by voska89.
Food and Drink in Antiquity: A Sourcebook: Readings from the Graeco-Roman World by John F. Donahue
English | 2015 | ISBN: 1441196803, 1441133453 | 312 pages | PDF | 13 MB
Interest in food and drink as an academic discipline has been growing significantly in recent years. This sourcebook is a unique asset to many courses on food as it offers a thematic approach to eating and drinking in antiquity. For classics courses focusing on ancient social history to introductory courses on the history of food and drink, as well as those offerings with a strong sociological or anthropological approach this volume provides an unparalleled compilation of essential source material. The chronological scope of the excerpts extends from Homer in the Eighth Century BCE to the Roman emperor Constantine in the Fourth Century CE. Each thematic chapter consists of an introduction along with a bibliography of suggested readings. Translated excerpts are then presented accompanied by an explanatory background paragraph identifying the author and context of each passage. Most of the evidence is literary, but additional sources - inscriptional, legal and religious - are also included.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 41234
- 2020-08-07Food and Drink in Antiquity: A Sourcebook: Readings from the Graeco-Roman World (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Food and Drink in Antiquity: A Sourcebook: Readings from the Graeco-Roman World (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Sedulius, the Paschal Song and Hymns (Society of Biblical Literature: Writings from the Greco-Roman World) (Society of Biblical Literature (Numbered))
- 2020-02-22Eurasian Empires in Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages: Contact and Exchange between the Graeco-Roman World, Inner Asia and China
- 2020-01-24Citizens in the Graeco-Roman World, Aspects of Citizenship from the Archaic Period to AD 212 (Mnemosyne Supplements: History and Archaeology of Classical Antiquity)
- 2010-02-11Famine and Food Supply in the Graeco-Roman World: Responses to Risk and Crisis
- 2021-06-03Dionysus and Politics: Constructing Authority in the Graeco Roman World
- 2020-06-28Medicine and Markets in the Graeco-Roman World and Beyond Essays on Ancient Medicine in Honour o...
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Proclus the Successor on Poetics and the Homeric Poems: Essays 5 and 6 of His Commentary on the Republic of Plato (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Chreia and Ancient Rhetoric: Commentaries on Aphthonius's Progymnasmata (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] New Aspects of Religion in Ancient Athens: Honors, Authorities, Esthetics, and Society (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Attis: Between Myth and History : King, Priest and God (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Sanctuaries and Cults in Crete from the Late Minoan IIIC to the Archaic Period: Continuity and Change (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Romanising Oriental Gods: Myth, Salvation and Ethics in the Cults of Cybele, Isis and Mithras (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) - Removed
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Paul, Luke and the Graeco-Roman World: Essays in Honour of Alexander J.M. Wedderburn (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Ancient Martyrdom Accounts of Peter and Paul (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] John Rufus: The Lives of Peter the Iberian, Theodosius of Jerusalem, and the Monk Romanus (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Corinth, the First City of Greece: An Urban History of Late Antique Cult and Religion (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Religious Practices and Christianization of the Late Antique City (4th 7th Cent.) (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.