Posted on 2011-11-12. By anonymous.
Frank Kermode, Frank Lentricchia, "Forms of Attention: Botticelli and Hamlet"
Uni.....ty Of Ch....o Pr..s | 2011-09-30 | ISBN: 0226431754 | 112 pages | PDF | 1,3 MB
Sir Frank Kermode, the British scholar, teacher, and author, was an inspired critic. "Forms of Attention" is based on a series of three lectures he gave on canon formation, or how we choose what art to value. The opening essay, on Botticelli, traces the artist's sudden popularity in the nineteenth century for reasons that have more to do with poetry than painting. In the second essay, Kermode reads Hamlet from a very modern angle, offering a useful (and playful) perspective for a contemporary audience. The final essay is a defense of literary criticism as a process and conversation that, while often conflating knowledge with opinion, keeps us reading great art and working with - and for - literature.
"[Kermode] was drawn to the entanglements of the text and its rational mysteries rather than some scaffold of theory.... He protected the reader's freedom to be interested in whatever was interesting. That meant writing a prose that was never wholly academic and over the years became more and more open to the intersection of literature and the lives we're actually living." (New York Times)
"Kermode's volume has the virtue of a lecturer's accessible style designed for a listening audience. It is also self-consciously spare of 'naked criticism.' There is, nonetheless, an abundance of learned commentary, steady substance, and unveiled critical excellence. Which is to say the volume is a useful and engaging reflection of its learned author." (London Review of Books)
- Ebooks list page : 15215
- 2011-11-12Frank Kermode, Frank Lentricchia, "Forms of Attention: Botticelli and Hamlet"
- 2018-11-20Forms of Attention Botticelli And Hamlet (Wellek Library Lectures (Paperback))
- 2011-11-05Forms of Attention: Botticelli and Hamlet
- 2009-02-24Frank Lentricchia, Jody McAuliffe - Crimes of Art and Terror
- 2014-02-27Frank James, "Effective Handgun Defense: A Comprehensive Guide to Concealed Carry" (repost)
- 2014-01-13Frank Boudghene, "IRM du pelvis de l'homme et de la femme"
- 2013-08-02Claude Cohen-Tannoudji, Bernard Diu, Frank Laloe, "Quantum Mechanics" (2 Volume Set edition)
- 2013-06-03Frank Sichla, "Schwingkreise und LC- Filter in der Anwendung" (repost)
- 2013-05-28Frank, Anne, "Das Tagebuch der Anne Frank" mit Audio Cassette - Removed
- 2013-03-13Frank Ching, "Architectural Graphics Edition" (Repost)
- 2012-08-18Frank Brady, "Chess how to improve your technique"
- 2012-08-17Frank Wissmann, "Compton Scattering: Investigating the Structure of the Nucleon with Real Photons" (Repost)
- 2012-07-11Frank Morgan, "Geometric Measure Theory, Third Edition: A Beginner's Guide" (Repost)
- 2012-03-28Frank McPherson, "How To Do Everything with Your Pocket PC, 3rd Edition"(repost)
- 2012-01-16Frank Stajano, "Security for Ubiquitous Computing"(Repost)
- 2012-01-15Frank Ghenassia, "Transaction-Level Modeling with SystemC" (repost)
- 2012-01-08K. Frank Austen, "Samter's Immunologic Diseases"(repost)
- 2011-12-09Frank Woodard, "Industrial Waste Treatment Handbook"
- 2011-12-03Frank Garvan, "The MAPLE Book" (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.