Posted on 2019-08-23, by voska89.
Karen Bauer - Gender Hierarchy in the Qur'ān: Medieval Interpretations, Modern Responses
Published: 2015-06-09 | ISBN: 110704152X, 1107613930 | PDF | 324 pages | 3.38 MB
This book explores how medieval and modern Muslim religious scholars ('ulamā') interpret gender roles in Qur'ānic verses on legal testimony, marriage, and human creation. Citing these verses, medieval scholars developed increasingly complex laws and interpretations upholding a male-dominated gender hierarchy; aspects of their interpretations influence religious norms and state laws in Muslim-majority countries today, yet other aspects have been discarded entirely. Karen Bauer traces the evolution of their interpretations, showing how they have been adopted, adapted, rejected, or replaced over time, by comparing the Qur'ān with a wide range of Qur'ānic commentaries and interviews with prominent religious scholars from Iran and Syria. At times, tradition is modified in unexpected ways: learned women argue against gender equality, or Grand Ayatollahs reject sayings of the Prophet, citing science instead. This innovative and engaging study highlights the effects of social and intellectual contexts on the formation of tradition, and on modern responses to it.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 41195
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Gender Hierarchy in the Qur'an: Medieval Interpretations, Modern Responses (Cambridge Studies in Islamic Civilization)
- 2018-09-28The Qur'an A Chronological Modern English Interpretation
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Anti-Veiling Campaigns in the Muslim World: Gender, Modernism and the Politics of Dress (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Anti-Veiling Campaigns in the Muslim World: Gender, Modernism and the Politics of Dress (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2013-11-08A History of Childhood: Children and Childhood in the West from Medieval to Modern Times
- 2021-01-14Women and Gender in the Qur'an
- 2020-12-15Believing Women in Islam Unreading Patriarchal Interpretations of the Qur'an
- 2019-03-11Believing Women in Islam Unreading Patriarchal Interpretations of the Qur'an
- 2019-03-05Believing Women in Islam Unreading Patriarchal Interpretations of the Qur'an
- 2019-01-30The Ages of Man Medieval Interpretations of the Life Cycle
- 2013-05-11Gender and Difference in the Middle Ages (Medieval Cultures Series)
- 2011-11-21Painting Gender, Constructing Theory: The Alfred Stieglitz Circle and American Formalist Aesthetics
- 2011-08-06Brutes in Suits: Male Sensibility in America, 1890-1920 (Gender Relations in the American Experience)
- 2011-05-31Brutes in Suits: Male Sensibility in America, 1890--1920 (Gender Relations in the American Experience)
- 2010-07-01Gender and Difference in the Middle Ages (Medieval Cultures, No. 32)
- 2010-02-14Karen Jones - Gender and Petty Crime in Late Medieval England: The Local Courts in Kent, 1460-1560
- 2021-04-25Sex Rules Astonishing Sexual Practices And Gender Roles Around The World
- 2021-04-25Men, Law and Gender: Essays on the 'Man' of Law
- 2021-04-25The City in Medieval Europe
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.