Author: John Keane
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Posted on 2011-09-05, by sharebookfree.
Global Civil Society?
John Keane | Cambridge University Press | 2011-06-05 | 236 pages | English | PDF
Amid fears of terrorism, rising tides of xenophobia, and protests, John Keane explores the contradictory arguments and traces the historical origins, contemporary meanings and political potential of globalization. Defending the idea of a global civil society, Keane stresses the need for new democratic ways of living and demonstrates how it is linked with such developments as turbocapitalism, social movements and the political institutions of "cosmocracy." Keane's provocative reflections in Global Civil Society? draw upon a variety of scholarly sources and offer a fresh perspective on contemporary political thinking and new global problems. John Keane was born in Australia and educated at the Universities of Adelaide, Toronto and Cambridge. He is Professor of Politics at the University of Westminster. In 1989, he founded the Centre for the Study of Democracy. His most recent work is a study of power, VÃ¡clav Havel: A Political Tragedy in Six Acts (Basic Books, 1999). His other books include Civil Society: Old Images, New Visions (Stanford, 1998), Democracy and Civil Society (Verso Books, 1998), Reflections on Violence (Verso Books, 1996), the prizewinning Tom Paine: A Political Life (Little Brown, 1995), and The Media and Democracy (Blackwell, 1991). He has been awarded many fellowships and research grants and has lectured throughout the world; he often appears on radio and television and is a regular contributor to The Times Literary Supplement. Currently he is writing a full-scale history of democracy.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 13332
- 2011-12-29Together for Better Public Services: Partnering with Citizens and Civil Society
- 2011-09-07Together for Better Public Services: Partnering with Citizens and Civil Society
- 2018-06-22Reformatting Politics Information Technology and Global Civil Society
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Expose, Oppose, Propose: Transnational Alternative Policy Groups and Global Civil Society
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Idea of Global Civil Society: Ethics and Politics in a Globalizing Era (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Disjunctive Logic of the World: Thinking Global Civil Society with Hegel (Transmission)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Global Civil Society 2011: Globality and the Absence of Justice (Global Civil Society Yearbook)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Idea of Global Civil Society: Ethics and Politics in a Globalizing Era (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Global Civil Society 2011: Globality and the Absence of Justice (Global Civil Society Yearbook)
- 2011-10-25The Idea of Global Civil Society: Ethics and Politics in a Globalizing Era
- 2009-09-09Humanitarian Intervention after Kosovo: Iraq, Darfur and the Record of Global Civil Society - Removed
- 2009-05-31Global Civil Society: Contested Futures
- 2009-03-16Reformatting Politics: Information Technology and Global Civil Society
- 2020-05-06Global Food Security Governance: Civil society engagement in the reformed Committee on World Food Security (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- 2018-04-19The Global Legitimacy Game Civil Society, Globalization and Protest - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Partnerships in International Policy-Making: Civil Society and Public Institutions in European and Global Affairs (International Series on Public Policy) - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Civil Society and Global Finance (Routledge Studies in Globalisation)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Global Food Security Governance: Civil society engagement in the reformed Committee on World Food Security
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Civil Society and Global Poverty: Hegemony, Inclusivity, Legitimacy (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.