Posted on 2013-08-02. By anonymous.
Thomas J. Fox, "Green Town USA: The Handbook for America's Sustainable Future"
ISBN: 1578263123 | 2013 | EPUB/MOBI | 240 pages | 4 MB/3 MB
"There was never a town with a truer name, though it didn't really discover it till tragedy created an opportunity that residents seized with head and heart!"
â€” Bill McKibben, author Oil and Honey:The Education of an Unlikely Activist
Hope for a greener America . . . from the extraordinary community that made it a reality.
Green Town U.S.A. recounts Greensburgâ€™s inspiring story of resilience, community, and sustainability which began on the evening of May 4, 2007, when disaster struck the quiet Kansas city. A tornado topping all the scales touched down, and in a matter of minutes, Greensburg, which stood for more than 120 years, was destroyed.
Greensburg committed to reconstructing itself from the ground up while embracing green technology and building methods, along with solar and wind energy. The new Greensburg stands testament to the strength and viability of sustainable community redevelopment and energy-efficient living.
Green Town U.S.A. is a story of hope and opportunityâ€”even in the face of obstacles and difficultiesâ€”and provides a real-world proving ground for sustainable solutions. Green Town U.S.A. takes you through the entire reconstruction process, from Long-Term Community Recovery planning for Greensburg, to the latest advancements in green materials and technology, to the leadership and teambuilding necessary to realize an achievement of this magnitude.
Every town can be a â€œgreen town.â€ Any community faced with rebuilding after a natural disaster, planning new municipal buildings or schools, upgrading retail or industrial centers, or building homes can gain valuable insight from the example of Greensburg, Kansas.
Green Town U.S.A. is an invaluable handbook for civic leaders, concerned citizens, business owners, and anyone who is a stakeholder in Americaâ€™s sustainable future.
- Ebooks list page : 22853
- 2019-01-31Green Town USA The Handbook for America's Sustainable Future
- 2020-03-08City on the Verge: Atlanta and the Fight for America's Urban Future
- 2018-11-22City on the Verge Atlanta and the Fight for America's Urban Future
- 2017-07-17City On The Verge: Atlanta And The Fight For America's Urban Future
- 2011-11-21John Riemer - Handbook For The Jazz Guitarist
- 2011-08-12John Riemer - Handbook For The Jazz Guitarist - Removed
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2022-09-12American Demon Eliot Ness and the Hunt for America's Jack the Ripper [Audiobook]
- 2022-08-25The Handbook for Scout Masters The Original 1914 Edition
- 2022-08-06The Future we hoped for Joe Biden and the Battle for America's Children
- 2022-06-21From the Hood to the Holler A Story of Separate Worlds, Shared Dreams, and the Fight for America's F...
- 2022-04-13This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future
- 2021-12-11The Handbook for a Happy Cat Speak Their Language, Decode Their Quirks, and Meet Their Needs (True EPUB)
- 2021-11-19The Handbook for a Happy Cat Speak Their Language, Decode Their Quirks, and Meet Their Needs-So They'll Love You Back!
- 2021-08-16The Spy Who Changed History The Untold Story of How the Soviet Union Won the Race for America's Top Secrets (Audiobook)
- 2021-08-10Tarot The Handbook for the Journeyman
- 2021-07-21Sports Coverage The Handbook for the Sports Medicine Clinician
- 2021-06-24Sports Coverage: The Handbook for the Sports Medicine Clinician
- 2021-05-06Blood and Treasure Daniel Boone and the Fight for America's First Frontier by Bob Drury - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.