Format: read online!
Posted on 2007-05-18, updated at 2008-06-15. By anonymous.
Have Notepad In Send To
Many apply a registry tweak to have notepad as an option for unknown file types. We frequently see such files which are actually just text, but named with some odd file-extension. And then, some suspicious files which we want to make sure what the contents are. Well, in such cases where the registry tweak is applied, the downside happens to be that even some known files get associated with notepad - but no, all we want is to be able to open a file with notepad - the association part in such cases is unwanted interference. Also, notepad becomes a permanent fixture on the right-click menu - which is again an annoyance.
So what we do, is to have notepad as an option in the Send-To options, of the right-click menu in explorer. It fulfils the purpose to perfection (atleast, in my case). Here's what we do:
1. right-click desktop, choose "New >> Shortcut"
2. Type the location of the item - "notepad" - (that's all, no need to give path)
3. Next >> type name for shortcut - "Edit with Notepad"
4. Click finish
5. Now right-click this shortcut on the desktop, and choose properties.
6. Confirm that the "target" and "start in" fields are using variables - "%windir%\system32\notepad.exe" - (absolute paths will be problematic if you use this .LNK on machines other than your own)
7. Now, browse to "%UserProfile%\SendTo" in explorer (which means "C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\SendTo\" folder)
8. And copy the "Edit with Notepad.lnk" file which you already created, to that folder.
9. So now, you can right-click on ANY file-type, and be offered an option to open with notepad, from the SendTo sub-menu.
So now, you just right-click on an .nfo or .eml or .diz file (which are associated with other programs, and are sometimes just plain-text files), and choose "Send To >> Edit with Notepad" and it will open in notepad!
No more botheration of applying registry tweaks for something as simple as this.
- Ebooks list page : 130
- 2011-11-02Electrical Engineering 101, Second Edition: Everything You Should Have Learned in School...but Probably Didn't
- 2020-05-30The Bottom Line of Your Bottom Line: The 6 Customer Service Tips You Should Have Started Doing Yesterday
- 2020-05-28Wheat & Sugar-Free Cookbook: Top 100 Healthy Wheat and Sugar-Free Recipes To Lose Weight & Have More Energy: (Wheat Free Cookbook, Sugar Free Cookbook, Wheat Free Recipes, Baking, Wheat Belly)
- 2020-05-28If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face
- 2020-05-28Ideas Have Consequences Expanded Edition
- 2020-05-25The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook - The Must-Have Resource for Plant-Based Eaters
- 2020-05-24Does Perception Have Content
- 2020-05-24Magical Power For Beginners How to Raise & Send Energy for Spells That Work
- 2020-05-23How to Have Great Ideas: A Guide to Creative Thinking
- 2020-05-23NoNonsense The Money Crisis: How Bankers Have Grabbed Our Money - and How We Can Get It Back
- 2020-05-21Women Have All the Power Too Bad They Don't Know It Secrets Every Man's Daught
- 2020-05-16Ideas Have Consequences Expanded Edition
- 2020-05-16I Tried to Change So You Don't Have To: True Life Lessons
- 2020-05-16What Have You Done
- 2020-05-16Enneagram Doesn't Have To Be Hard
- 2020-05-16The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
- 2020-05-14They Have Their Exits: The Best Selling Escape Memoir of World War Two
- 2020-05-14How To Start A Business in 2016: 5 Steps to starting a business by using business credit even if you have bad credit no credit no personal gaurantee (Volume 1)
- 2020-05-14To Have and to Master Sparrow Beckett
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.