Hero Dogs How a Pack of Rescues, Rejects, and Strays Became America's Greatest Disaster-Search Pa...
Posted on 2019-01-11, by voska89.
Wilma Melville, Paul Lobo, Will Damron (Narrator), Xe Sands (Narrator), "Hero Dogs: How a Pack of Rescues, Rejects, and Strays Became America's Greatest Disaster-Search Partners"
ASIN: B07L8K9QSW, ISBN: 1250319102 | 2019 | M4B@62 kbps | ~06:29:00 | 176 MB
Lola was a buckshot-riddled stray, lost on a Memphis highway. Cody was rejected from seven different homes. Ace had been sprayed with mace and left for dead on a train track. They were deemed unadoptable. Untrainable. Unsalvageable. These would become the same dogs America relied on when its worst disasters hit.
In 1995, Wilma Melville volunteered as a canine search-and-rescue (SAR) handler with her Black Labrador Murphy in the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing. At the time, there were only 15 FEMA-certified SAR dogs in the United States. Believing in the value of these remarkable animals to help save lives, Wilma knew many more were needed in the event of future major disasters. She made a vow to help 168 dogs receive search-and-rescue training in her lifetime - one for every Oklahoma City victim.
Wilma singlehandedly established the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation (SDF) to meet this challenge. The first canine candidates - Ana, Dusty, and Harley - were a trio of golden retrievers with behavioral problems so severe the dogs were considered irredeemable and unadoptable. But with patience, discipline, and love applied during training, they proved to have the ability, agility, and stamina to graduate as SARs. Paired with a trio of firefighters, they were among the first responders searching the ruins of the World Trade Center following 9/11 - setting the standard for the more than 168 of the SDF's search-and-rescue dogs that followed.
Beautiful and heart-wrenching, Hero Dogs is the story of one woman's dream brought to fruition by dedicated volunteers and firefighters - and the bonds they forged with the incredible rescued-turned-rescuer dogs to create one of America's most vital resources in disaster response.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 38621
- 2019-01-25Hero Dogs How a Pack of Rescues, Rejects, and Strays Became America's Greatest Disaster-Search Partn - Removed
- 2019-01-10Hero Dogs How a Pack of Rescues, Rejects, and Strays Became America's Greatest Disaster-Search Pa...
- 2018-08-09Sin, Sex & Subversion How What Was Taboo in 1950s New York Became America's New Normal
- 2010-10-08How Rich Is Too Rich?: Income and Wealth in America By Herbert Inhaber, Sidney Carroll
- 2012-02-18Alpha Dogs: How Your Small Business Can Become a Leader of the Pack
- 2019-06-07Fstoppers - The Hero Shot - How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2019-04-14MotionArray Cats And Dogs. Hand Drawn Pack 169854
- 2018-11-14The Hero Shot How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-11-01Fstoppers - The Hero Shot How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-10-27Fstoppers - The Hero Shot How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-08-19The Hero Shot How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-08-03The Hero Shot How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-08-02The Hero Shot: How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-07-15Fstoppers - The Hero Shot: How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-07-09Fstoppers - The Hero Shot: How To Light And Composite Product Photography
- 2018-06-28How to Pack for Any Trip (Lonely Planet)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Gourmet Hot Dogs: How to Dress your Dog with Style
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Genius of Dogs: How Dogs Are Smarter Than You Think
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Gourmet Hot Dogs: How to Dress your Dog with Style
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.