Posted on 2020-12-22, by book24h.
Tim Harper, Sunil S. Amrith, "Histories of Health in Southeast Asia: Perspectives on the Long Twentieth Century"
English | 2014 | pages: 261 | ISBN: 0253014867 | PDF | 4,7 mb
Health patterns in Southeast Asia have changed profoundly over the past century. In that period, epidemic and chronic diseases, environmental transformations, and international health institutions have created new connections within the region and the increased interdependence of Southeast Asia with China and India. In this volume leading scholars provide a new approach to the history of health in Southeast Asia. Framed by a series of synoptic pieces on the "Landscapes of Health" in Southeast Asia in 1914, 1950, and 2014 the essays interweave local, national, and regional perspectives. They range from studies of long-term processes such as changing epidemics, mortality and aging, and environmental history to detailed accounts of particular episodes: the global cholera epidemic and the hajj, the influenza epidemic of 1918, WWII, and natural disasters. The writers also examine state policy on healthcare and the influence of organizations, from NGOs such as the China Medical Board and the Rockefeller Foundation to grassroots organizations in Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 45849
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Histories of Health in Southeast Asia: Perspectives on the Long Twentieth Century (China Medical Board Centennial)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Histories of Health in Southeast Asia: Perspectives on the Long Twentieth Century (China Medical Board Centennial)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] War and State Terrorism: The United States, Japan, and the Asia-Pacific in the Long Twentieth Century (War and Peace Library)
- 2007-06-15War and State Terrorism: The United States, Japan, and the Asia-Pacific in the Long Twentieth Century
- 2022-12-23Asia Minor in the Long Sixth Century Current Research and Future Directions
- 2011-11-07The Air War In Southeast Asia (Case Studies of Selected Campaigns)
- 2021-03-12Economic Exchange and Social Interaction in Southeast Asia: Perspectives from Prehistory, History, and Ethnography
- 2021-02-15Economic Exchange and Social Interaction in Southeast Asia: Perspectives from Prehistory, History, and Ethnography
- 2021-02-01Economic Exchange and Social Interaction in Southeast Asia - Perspectives from Pre...
- 2021-04-23Powers of Exclusion: Land Dilemmas in Southeast Asia (Challenges of the Agrarian Transition in Southeast Asia
- 2021-04-16Powers of Exclusion: Land Dilemmas in Southeast Asia (Challenges of the Agrarian Transition in Southeast Asia
- 2020-06-14Dictators, Democrats, and Development in Southeast Asia: Implications for the Rest
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Dictators, Democrats, and Development in Southeast Asia: Implications for the Rest
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Institutional Imperative: The Politics of Equitable Development in Southeast Asia (Studies of the Walter H. Shorenstein Asi)
- 2013-09-04Travel Leisure Southeast Asia - September 2013: The Best of Bali Special
- 2008-12-12The Cambridge History of Southeast Asia: Volume 2, The Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- 2022-07-30International Society in the Early Twentieth Century Asia-Pacific Imperial Rivalries, International Organizations, and
- 2022-06-30Latins in Roman (Byzantine) Histories - Ambivalent Representations in the Long Twelfth Century
- 2022-06-26Latins in Roman (Byzantine) Histories Ambivalent Representations in the Long Twelfth Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.