Posted on 2018-08-26, by nokia241186.
How Open Source Ate Software: Understand the Open Source Movement and So Much More by Gordon Haff
English | PDF,EPUB | 2018 | 189 Pages | ISBN : 1484238931 | 5.89 MB
Learn how free software became open source and how you can sell open source software. This book provides a historical context of how open source has thoroughly transformed how we write software, how we cooperate, how we communicate, how we organize, and, ultimately, how we think about business values.
You'll look at project and community examples including Linux, BSD, Apache, and Kubernetes, understand the open source development model, and how open source has influenced approaches more broadly, even proprietary software, such as open betas. You'll also examine the flipside, the "Second Machine Age," and the challenges of open source-based business models.
open source serves as shorthand for much broader trends and behaviors. It's not just about a free (in all senses of the word) alternative to commercial software. It increasingly is the new commercial software. How Open Source Ate Software reveals how open source has much in common, and is often closely allied, with many other trends in business and society. You'll see how it enables projects that go beyond any individual company. That makes open source not just a story about software, but a story about almost everything.
What You'll Learn
Understand open source opportunities and challenges
Sell software if you're giving it away
Apply open source principles more broadly to openorg, devops, etc.
Review which organizational incentives you can implement
Who This Book Is For
Anyone who has an interest in what is happening in open source and the open source community, and anyone who is contemplating making a business that involves open source.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37047
- 2018-08-24How Open Source Ate Software: Understand the Open Source Movement and So Much More
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Beef and Potatoes: 200 Recipes, Classic and Modern, for the Perfect Steak and Fries, the Ultimate Beef Casserole and So Much More
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Abbey Road to Ziggy Stardust: Off-the-record with The Beatles, Bowie, Elton, and so much more.
- 2019-11-222019 How To Start Web Development Understand The Basics
- 2019-09-262019 How to Start Web Development: Understand the Basics
- 2020-11-18How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need
- 2020-10-19How to Write One Song: Loving the Things We Create and How They Love Us Back [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-17How to Write One Song Loving the Things We Create and How They Love Us Back [Audiobook]
- 2020-09-20HOW TO CHEAT AT FRENCH VERBS: The Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Hacks
- 2020-08-26Financial Intelligence for Supply Chain Managers: Understand the Link between Operations and Corporate Financial Performance (FT Press Operations Management)
- 2020-08-19Making Work Human How Human-Centered Companies are Changing the Future of Work and the World
- 2020-07-2410% Human: How Your Body's Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness
- 2020-04-24Beyond Versus: The Struggle to Understand the Interaction of Nature and Nurture (Life and Mind: Philosophical Issues in Biology and Psychology)
- 2019-03-28The Genome War: How Craig Venter Tried to Capture the Code of Life and Save the World
- 2019-03-25The Grip of Gravity The Quest to Understand the Laws of Motion and Gravitation
- 2019-03-20The Grip of Gravity The Quest to Understand the Laws of Motion and Gravitation
- 2019-03-18The Grip of Gravity The Quest to Understand the Laws of Motion and Gravitation
- 2018-12-20Scientifically Thinking How to Liberate Your Mind, Solve the World's Problems, and Embrace the Be...
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Reflections on Management: How to Manage Your Software Projects, Your Teams, Your Boss, and Yourself (SEI Series in Software Engineering)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.