Posted on 2018-08-04, by perica123.
Michael Engelhard, Philip Benoit (Narrator), "Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon"
ASIN: B07FQXP542 | 2018 | MP3@64 kbps | ~08:33:00 | 243 MB
Prime Arctic predator and nomad of the sea ice and tundra, the polar bear endures as a source of wonder, terror, and fascination. Humans have seen it as spirit guide and fanged enemy, as trade good and moral metaphor, as food source and symbol of ecological crisis.
Eight thousand years of artifacts attest to its charisma, and to the fraught relationships between our two species. In the white bear, we acknowledge the magic of wildness: It is both genuinely itself and a screen for our imagination.
Ice Bear traces and illuminates this intertwined history. From Inuit shamans to Jean Harlow lounging on a bearskin rug, from the cubs trained to pull sleds toward the North Pole to cuddly superstar Knut, it all comes to life in this book.
With meticulous research, the author brings into focus this powerful and elusive animal. Doing so, he delves into the stories we tell about nature - and about ourselves - hoping for a future in which such tales still matter.
The book is published by University of Washington Press.
"Engelhard is a first-rate guide and very capable writer; Ice Bear makes fascinating reading." (Open Letters Monthly)
"Ice Bear is a visual National Geographic with real verbal punch!" (New York Journal of Books)
"Eminently readable. This work is expertly researched." (Alaska Magazine)
- Ebooks list page : 36868
- 2018-10-11Ice Bear The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon
- 2012-05-27Wonder Woman: The Complete History (2004)
- 2011-10-10This New Ocean: A History of Project Mercury (The NASA History Series)
- 2011-08-31The Way of the Panda: The Curious History of China's Political Animal - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Gatsby: The Cultural History of the Great American Novel (Contemporary American Literature)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Cultural History of Plants
- 2017-07-15The Cultural History Of Plants
- 2017-05-11The Cultural History Of Tibet
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Cultural History of Plants
- 2012-10-28The Cultural History of Plants by MARK NESBITT PDF - Removed
- 2012-03-29Sir Ghillean Prance, The Cultural History of Plants(repost)
- 2011-11-29Memoirs of a Grandmother: Scenes from the Cultural History of the Jews of Russia in the Nineteenth Century
- 2010-07-15Contributions to the Cultural History of Early Tibet (Brill's Tibetan Studies Library)
- 2010-01-18A Weapon in the Struggle: The Cultural History of the British Communist Party
- 2009-07-25Inspiration: Bacchus and the Cultural History of a Creation Myth.
- 2009-07-01A Weapon in the Struggle: The Cultural History of the British Communist Party
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.