Posted on 2007-05-15, updated at 2007-05-27. By anonymous.
Immunotherapy for Infectious Disease
Jeffrey M. Jacobson, «Immunotherapy for Infectious Disease»
Humana Press | ISBN 0896036693 | 2002 Year | PDF | 1,6 Mb | 344 Pages
In Immunotherapy for Infectious Disease, researchers review the state-of-the-art for treating various infections-particularly HIV-by manipulating the immune system response rather than by chemical drugs. The contributors synthesize the principles of immune defense on the molecular level (monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, methods of antigen presentation, and cytokines and cytokine antagonists), as well as on the cellular and clinical levels levels as a protection against infection. The review of the current state of anti-HIV immunotherapy covers HIV-specific passive and active immunization strategies, gene therapy, and host cell-targeted approaches for treating HIV infection and restoring immune function.
Immunotherapy has a place where other treatments like antimicrobial chemotherapy fail. Intensive antiviral chemotherapy (e.g. HAART for HIV disease), has the effect of immune reconstitution. For non-viral infections, the extent of chemotherapy by far outweighs that of immunotherapy. Chapters on preventative vaccines and gene therapy sit uncomfortably in the context and are too short. Whilst theoretical aspects of immunotherapy are reviewed well, the balance of immunotherapy and chemotherapy in clinical practice is not optimally presented.
Part I. Basic Principles of Immunity
Part II. Molecular Basis for Immunotherapy
Part III. Immunotherapy for HIV Infection
Part IV. Immunotherapy for Infectious Diseases Other than HIV
http://rapidshare.de/files/31857 ... ousDisease.rar.html
http://www.oxyshare.com/get/1925 ... ousDisease.rar.html
- Ebooks list page : 97
- 2012-04-22Mims' Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease, Fifth Edition by Cedric A. Mims
- 2011-12-29Serology of Infectious Disease Syndromes
- 2011-09-07Serology of Infectious Disease Syndromes
- 2009-04-18Infectious Causes of Cancer: Targets for Intervention (Infectious Disease)
- 2007-10-07Infectious Causes of Cancer: Targets for Intervention (Infectious Disease)
- 2011-11-25Immunotherapy for Infectious Diseases
- 2019-07-30Modern Infectious Disease Epidemiology; Concepts, Methods, Mathematical Models, and Public Health (Statistics for Biology and Health)
- 2019-06-26Essential Infectious Disease Topics for Primary Care
- 2019-01-15Immunotherapy in 2020 Visions and Trends for Targeting Inflammatory Disease - Removed
- 2019-01-10Immunotherapy in 2020 Visions and Trends for Targeting Inflammatory Disease
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Chemical and Physical Signatures for Microbial Forensics (Infectious Disease) - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Resistance Phenomenon in Microbes and Infectious Disease Vectors: Implications for Human Health and Strategies for Containment Workshop Summary
- 2017-01-19[PDF] The Resistance Phenomenon in Microbes and Infectious Disease Vectors: Implications for Human Health and Strategies for Containment Workshop Summary
- 2014-06-12Infectious Disease Informatics: Syndromic Surveillance for Public Health and Bio-Defense
- 2014-06-04Infectious Disease Informatics: Syndromic Surveillance for Public Health and Bio-Defense (Repost)
- 2013-11-20Infection Management for Geriatrics in Long-Term Care Facilities, Second Edition (Infectious Disease and Therapy) (repost)
- 2012-01-05Immunotherapy for Infectious Diseases - Ed. By Jeffery M. Jacobson
- 2011-12-03Immunotherapy for Infectious Diseases - Ed. By Jeffery M. Jacobson
- 2011-12-01Immunotherapy for Infectious Diseases - Ed. By Jeffery M. Jacobson
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.