Posted on 2020-10-07, by nokia241186.
2020 | ISBN: 161186366X | English | 240 pages | PDF | 2 MB
In 2011, in one sign of a burgeoning interest in the morality of human interactions with nonhuman animals, a panel hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science declared that dolphins and orcas should be legally regarded as persons. Multiple law schools now offer classes in animal law and have animal law clinics, placing their students with a growing range of animal rights and animal welfare advocacy organizations. But is legal personhood the best means to achieving total interspecies liberation? To answer that question, Impersonating Animals evaluates the rhetoric of animal rights activists Steven Wise and Gary Francione, as well as the Earth jurisprudence paradigm. Deploying a critical ecofeminist stance sensitive to the interweaving of ideas about race, gender, class, sexuality, ability, and species, author S. Marek Muller places animal rights rhetoric in the context of discourses in which some humans have been deemed more animal than others and some animals have been deemed more human than others. In bringing rhetoric and animal studies together, she shows that how we communicate about nonhuman beings necessarily affects relationships across species boundaries and among people. This book also highlights how animal studies scholars and activists can and should use ideological rhetorical criticism to investigate the implications of their tactics and strategies, emphasizing a critical vegan rhetoric as the best means of achieving liberation for human and nonhuman animals alike.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44774
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Beating Hearts: Abortion and Animal Rights (Critical Perspectives on Animals: Theory, Culture, Science, and Law)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beating Hearts: Abortion and Animal Rights (Critical Perspectives on Animals: Theory, Culture, Science, and Law)
- 2020-04-22Environmental and Animal Rights Extremism, Terrorism, and National Security
- 2020-02-08Climate Change, Migration and Human Rights: Law and Policy Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Environmental Migration, Displacement and Resettlement)
- 2019-01-15The Moral Menagerie Philosophy and Animal Rights
- 2019-01-11The Moral Menagerie Philosophy and Animal Rights
- 2018-12-28Art for Animals Visual Culture and Animal Advocacy, 18701914 (Animalibus)
- 2018-12-20The Moral Menagerie Philosophy and Animal Rights
- 2018-10-30Art for Animals Visual Culture and Animal Advocacy, 1870-1914
- 2018-08-04Art for Animals Visual Culture and Animal Advocacy, 1870-1914
- 2018-07-31Art for Animals: Visual Culture and Animal Advocacy, 1870-1914
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Romanticism and Animal Rights (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Literature and Human Rights (Law & Literature)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Medical Law and Moral Rights (Law and Philosophy Library) - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] International Criminal Tribunals and Human Rights Law: Adherence and Contextualization (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Environmental and Animal Rights Extremism, Terrorism, and National Security
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.