Posted on 2016-07-02, by pherick.
International Criminal Tribunals and Human Rights Law: Adherence and Contextualization (International Criminal Justice Series) by Krit Zeegers
English | 2 May 2016 | ISBN: 9462651019 | 448 Pages | PDF (True) | 3.88 MB
This book addresses the interpretation and application of human rights norms by International Criminal Tribunals (ICTs). Such Tribunals are widely heralded as human rights defenders.
At the same time, however, they employ activities that necessary entail the risk of human rights violations: they conduct criminal investigations, arrest and detain individuals, and put them on trial. This book investigates this flip-side of the ICTs' relationship with international human rights law, and focuses on the ICTs' own interpretation and application of human rights norms.
First, the book addresses whether and how ICTs are bound by human rights law, since unlike states, they do not sign or ratify human rights conventions. Second, the book provides an in-depth analysis of the way in which ICTs interpret and apply human rights norms, compared to the way in which these norms are interpreted in a traditional state-context. Relying on the unique circumstances in which they operate, ICTs have often deviated from generally accepted interpretations of human rights. The author critically examines this so-called contextual approach and seeks to recommend ways in which ICTs can improve their interpretative practice by giving due regard to the context in which they operate, while still providing adequate human rights protection.
Addressing the ICTs' possible leeway in terms of contextualization, this book contributes to the broader debates about adherence to human rights norms in international law.
Krit Zeegers is an Associate at Allen & Overy LLP, Amsterdam, and previously worked as a researcher / junior lecturer at the University of Amsterdam.
Buy Premium From My LinksTo Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!
- Ebooks list page : 28131
- 2017-10-17[PDF] International Criminal Tribunals and Human Rights Law: Adherence and Contextualization (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2019-12-17Criminal Punishment and Human Rights: Convenient Morality (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Criminal Evidence and Human Rights: Reimagining Common Law Procedural Traditions
- 2020-02-08Climate Change, Migration and Human Rights: Law and Policy Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Environmental Migration, Displacement and Resettlement)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Literature and Human Rights (Law & Literature)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2011-08-02The Legalization of Human Rights: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Human Rights and Human Rights Law
- 2011-07-10The Legalization of Human Rights: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Human Rights and Human Rights Law
- 2010-01-27Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context) By Michael B. Likosky
- 2009-01-04Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context) By Michael B. Likosky
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2021-03-03The Judicial Application of Human Rights Law: National, Regional and International Jurisprudence
- 2020-03-20Human Rights and Islam: An Introduction to Key Debates Between Islamic Law and International Human Rights Law (Elgar Studies in Human Rights)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The UN and Human Rights: Who Guards the Guardians? (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Autonomy and Human Rights in Health Care: An International Perspective (International Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] International Human Rights Law: Six Decades after the UDHR and Beyond
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.