[share_ebook] International Democracy and the West: The Role of Governments, Civil Society, and Multinational Business (Oxford Studies in Democratization) - Richard Youngs
Author: Richard Youngs
Publisher: Oxford University Press, Usa
Posted on 2012-02-01, by 4bookholic.
International Democracy and the West: The Role of Governments, Civil Society, and Multinational Business (Oxford Studies in Democratization)
Richard Youngs | Oxford University Press, Usa | 2005 | 232 pages | English | PDF
This book adds to debates over the international dimensions of democratic change by studying the policies and actions of three sets of Western actors: namely, governments, multinational companies, and international NGOs. This actor-based triangular approach responds to observations that the strategic, economic, and social aspects of international democracy have rarely been studied in a combined, holistic fashion. During the 1990s, Western governments, multinational companies, and civil society organizations all came to engage more notably in debates over democratic trends. But were they genuine when they professed a concern with democracy in developing countries? Which of these dynamics - governmental, commercial, or social - was the most influential in propelling efforts to encourage democratization and which helped explain the limits to democracy's international reach? Did political, economic, and social actors form a broad network of international democratic momentum, or did their respective perspectives increasingly diverge? Exploring these questions, the book presents extensive empirical material relating to Western policies in a number of developing regions, covering the period from the mid-1990s to 2003. Oxford Studies in Democratization is a series for scholars and students of comparative politics and related disciplines. Volumes concentrate on the comparative study of the democratization process that accompanied the decline and termination of the cold war. The geographical focus of the series is primarily Latin America, the Caribbean, Southern and Eastern Europe, and relevant experiences in Africa and Asia. The series editor is Laurence Whitehead, Official Fellow, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ebooks list page : 17301
- 2011-11-05International Democracy and the West: The Role of Governments, Civil Society, and Multinational Business
- 2011-10-10International Democracy and the West: The Role of Governments, Civil Society, and Multinational Business [Repost]
- 2010-05-30Richard Youngs - International Democracy and the West: The Role of Governments, Civil Society, and Multinational Business
- 2010-04-05Democratic Consolidation in Eastern Europe: Volume 2: International and Transnational Factors (Oxford Studies in Democratization)
- 2011-09-01The Role of Scientific and Technical Data and Information in the Public Domain: Proceedings of a Symposium
- 2012-01-02Language, Vision, and Music: Selected Papers from the 8th International Workshop on the Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing, Galway, Ireland 1999 - International Workshop On The Cognitive Science Of Natural Language Press
- 2012-01-01Environmental Science and Engineering for the 21st Century: The Role of the National Science Foundation
- 2011-11-25Information Technology for Counterterrorism: Immediate Actions and Future Possibilities - Committee On The Role Of Information Technology In Responding To Terrorism, National Research Counci
- 2011-08-09Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Role of Genetics in Diagnosis and Treatment
- 2010-06-09Partisan Appointees and Public Servants: An International Analysis of the Role of the Political Adviser
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Beauty Trade: Youth, Gender, and Fashion Globalization (Oxford Studies in Gender and International Relations)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Beauty Trade: Youth, Gender, and Fashion Globalization (Oxford Studies in Gender and International Relations)
- 2020-04-23Constructions and Environments: Copular, Passive, and Related Constructions in Old and Middle English (Oxford Studies in the History of English)
- 2018-04-19The Global Legitimacy Game Civil Society, Globalization and Protest - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Patron Saint and Prophet: Jan Hus in the Bohemian and German Reformations (Oxford Studies in Historical Theology) [German]
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Democracy and Coercive Diplomacy (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Boundaries of Pure Morphology: Diachronic and Synchronic Perspectives (Oxford Studies in Diachronic and Historical Linguistics)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Early English Impersonal Construction: An Analysis of Verbal and Constructional Meaning (Oxford Studies in the History of English)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Judaism, Sufism, and the Pietists of Medieval Egypt: A Study of Abraham Maimonides and His Times (Oxford Studies in the Abrahamic Religions)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.