Posted on 2010-06-07. By anonymous.
Introduction to Hegel's Philosophy of History
University Press of Florida | ISBN: 0813014581 | 1996-10-12 | DJVU | 88 pages | 4 Mb
"A readable translation of Hyppolite's classical commentary on the earlier writings of Hegel on the philosophy of history. The original French is a lucid interpretation of Hegel's 'pre-dialectical' philosophical writings. . . . Hyppolite was one of the finest Hegel scholars working in any language. . . . His prose is a model of Gallic clarity."--Eugene F. Kaelin, Florida State University
"A valuable orientation for all who are making their first approach to Hegel's early essays and manuscripts."--H. S. Harris, York University, Toronto
Hyppolite was the most famous scholar of Hegel in modern France and teacher of five of this century's major French philosophers--Derrida, Deleuze, Foucault, Bataille, and Guattari. This work is an explication of the meaning of Hegel's vision of history. In it, Hyppolite plots the developments--both correct and incorrect, within scholarship and historical events--of the apprehension of Hegel's "Absolute Spirit." The French figures whose thought was shaped by their encounters with Hegel's philosophy represent the extraordinary richness of the intellectual and cultural life of 20th-century France and define our contemporary intellectual landscape, both modern and postmodern. As a thinker, a great scholar, a translator of Hegel, a professor at and a director of the Ecole Normale (1954-63), and finally a professor at the CollÃ¨ge de France, Hyppolite was a shaping force of this landscape. Until now, Hyppolite's work was inaccessible to those who either could not read French or could not read it well enough to appreciate fully the scope and depth of his contribution to Hegel's work. Its availability in English will widen opportunities for participation in the Hegelian renaissance.
- Ebooks list page : 6014
- 2011-08-23Freedom, Truth and History: An Introduction to Hegelâ€™s Philosophy
- 2013-04-27An Introduction to Hegel: Freedom, Truth and History, 2 edition
- 2013-04-25An Introduction to Hegel: Freedom, Truth and History, 2 edition
- 2012-06-30History and System: Hegel's Philosophy of History
- 2009-02-07Georg Wilhelm Friedri Hegel - The Philosophy of History
- 2011-09-26Introduction to the Philosophy of History: With Selections from the Philosophy of Right
- 2013-05-01Introduction to the Philosophy of History: With Selections from the Philosophy of Right (repost)
- 2011-02-17Introduction to the Philosophy of History: With Selections from the Philosophy of Right
- 2010-10-13Understanding History: An Introduction to Analytical Philosophy of History (Philosophica)
- 2019-11-07Analytic Philosophy and History of Philosophy (Mind Association Occasional)
- 2019-03-24Hegel, Haiti, and Universal History
- 2019-02-28Free to Lose An Introduction to Marxist Economic Philosophy
- 2019-02-23Free to Lose An Introduction to Marxist Economic Philosophy
- 2019-01-31A Companion to the Philosophy of History and Historiography
- 2019-01-31Jus Gentium Sapiens (Philosophy of History)
- 2019-01-15Hegel's Philosophy of the Historical Religions
- 2019-01-11Hegel's Philosophy of the Historical Religions
- 2019-01-03Hegel's Philosophy of the Historical Religions (Critical Studies in German Idealism)
- 2018-12-25Hegel's Philosophy of the Historical Religions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.