Posted on 2014-05-05. By anonymous.
2013 | ISBN: 1461478669 | 296 pages | PDF | 4 MB
This textbook is distinguished from other texts on the subject by the depth of the presentation and the discussion of the calculus of moving surfaces, which is an extension of tensor calculus to deforming manifolds.
Designed for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, this text invites its audience to take a fresh look at previously learned material through the prism of tensor calculus. Once the framework is mastered, the student is introduced to new material which includes differential geometry on manifolds, shape optimization, boundary perturbation and dynamic fluid film equations.
The language of tensors, originally championed by Einstein, is as fundamental as the languages of calculus and linear algebra and is one that every technical scientist ought to speak. The tensor technique, invented at the turn of the 20th century, is now considered classical. Yet, as the author shows, it remains remarkably vital and relevant. The authorâ€™s skilled lecturing capabilities are evident by the inclusion of insightful examples and a plethora of exercises. A great deal of material is devoted to the geometric fundamentals, the mechanics of change of variables, the proper use of the tensor notation and the discussion of the interplay between algebra and geometry. The early chapters have many words and few equations. The definition of a tensor comes only in Chapter 6 â€“ when the reader is ready for it. While this text maintains a consistent level of rigor, it takes great care to avoid formalizing the subject.
The last part of the textbook is devoted to the Calculus of Moving Surfaces. It is the first textbook exposition of this important technique and is one of the gems of this text. A number of exciting applications of the calculus are presented including shape optimization, boundary perturbation of boundary value problems and dynamic fluid film equations developed by the author in recent years. Furthermore, the moving surfaces framework is used to offer new derivations of classical results such as the geodesic equation and the celebrated Gauss-Bonnet theorem.
- Ebooks list page : 26660
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Introduction to Tensor Analysis and the Calculus of Moving Surfaces
- 2013-09-29Introduction to Tensor Analysis and the Calculus of Moving Surfaces
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Introduction to Stochastic Analysis and Malliavin Calculus
- 2014-04-11Risk Analysis and the Security Survey, Third Edition (repost) - Removed
- 2014-03-30Risk Analysis and the Security Survey (4th edition) (repost) - Removed
- 2014-03-07An Introduction to Lie Groups and the Geometry of Homogeneous Spaces (repost)
- 2013-03-27The Essential Guide to Effect Sizes: Statistical Power, Meta-Analysis, and the Interpretation of Research Results (repost)
- 2012-12-21X-Ray Analysis and the Structure of Organic Molecules (repost)
- 2012-05-27Risk Analysis and the Security Survey, Third Edition (Repost) - Removed
- 2019-01-15Functional Analysis and the Feynman Operator Calculus
- 2019-01-08Functional Analysis and the Feynman Operator Calculus
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Schaum's Outlines Vector Analysis (And An Introduction to Tensor Analysis)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Functional Analysis and the Feynman Operator Calculus - Removed
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Introduction to Chaos: Analysis and Mathematics of the Phenomenon
- 2014-04-18Introduction to Data Analysis and Graphical Presentation in Biostatistics with R: Statistics in the Large [Repost]
- 2014-01-23Introduction to Data Analysis and Graphical Presentation in Biostatistics with R: Statistics in the Large
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.