Isidore of Seville and his Reception in the Early Middle Ages: Transmitting and Transforming Knowledge (Late Antique and Early Medieval Iberia)
Posted on 2020-08-25, by books_lover.
Isidore of Seville (560―636) was a crucial figure in the preservation and sharing of classical and early Christian knowledge. His compilations of the works of earlier authorities formed an essential part of monastic education for centuries. Due to the vast amount of information he gathered and its wide dissemination in the Middle Ages, Pope John Paul II even named Isidore the patron saint of the Internet in 1997. This volume represents a cross section of the various approaches scholars have taken toward Isidore’s writings. The essays explore his sources, how he selected and arranged them for posterity, and how his legacy was reflected in later generations’ work across the early medieval West. Rich in archival detail, this collection provides a wealth of interdisciplinary expertise on one of history’s greatest intellectuals.
- Ebooks list page : 44424
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Isidore of Seville and His Reception in the Early Middle Ages: Transmitting and Transforming Knowledge (Late Antique and Early Medieval Iberia)
- 2018-01-14Saint Vincent Ferrer, His World and Life; Religion and Society in Late Medieval Europe (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2011-12-28Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2020-07-21Medieval Religion and its Anxieties: History and Mystery in the Other Middle Ages (The New Middle Ages)
- 2020-06-26Rediscovering Sainthood in Italy: Hagiography and the Late Antique Past in Medieval Ravenna (The New Middle Ages)
- 2020-06-23Vernacular Aesthetics in the Later Middle Ages - Politics, Performativity, and Rec...
- 2020-05-18Kind Neighbours: Scottish Saints and Society in the Later Middle Ages (Northern World)
- 2020-05-04Games and Gaming in Medieval Literature (The New Middle Ages)
- 2020-03-29Text, Transmission, and Transformation in the European Middle Ages, 1000-1500 (Cursor Mundi) - Removed
- 2020-02-21Medieval Considerations of Incest, Marriage, and Penance (The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-10-14From England to France Felony and Exile in the High Middle Ages
- 2018-08-14The Black Middle Ages Race and the Construction of the Middle Ages
- 2018-08-08The Black Middle Ages Race and the Construction of the Middle Ages
- 2018-06-14The Black Middle Ages Race and the Construction of the Middle Ages
- 2018-05-07Rediscovering Sainthood in Italy Hagiography and the Late Antique Past in Medieval Ravenna (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Chaucer and the Child (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Joan de Valence: The Life and Influence of a Thirteenth-Century Noblewoman (Palgrave Macmillan The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Street Scenes: Late Medieval Acting and Performance (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.