Posted on 2020-02-12, by books_lover.
With its varied and glorious history, Istanbul remains one of the world’s perennially fascinating cities. Richard Tillinghast, who first visited Istanbul in the early 1960s and has watched it transform over the decades into a vibrant metropolis, explores its rich art and architecture, culture, cuisine, and much more in this book. Istanbul was known in Byzantine times as the “Queen of Cities” and to the Ottoman Turks as the “Abode of Felicity.” Steeped in Istanbul’s history, Tillinghast takes his readers on a voyage of discovery through this storied cultural hub, and he is as comfortable talking about Byzantine mosaics and dervish ceremonies as Iznik ceramics and the imperial mosques. His lyrical writing brings Istanbul alive on the page as he accompanies readers to cafés, palaces, and taverns, perfectly conjuring the atmospheric delights, sounds, and senses of the city. Illuminating Istanbul’s great buildings with tales that bring Ottoman and Byzantine history to life, Tillinghast i
- Ebooks list page : 42687
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Istanbul: City of Forgetting and Remembering (Armchair Traveller)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] How Your Memory Works: Secrets to Forgetting and Remembering
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Memory Illusion: Remembering, Forgetting, and the Science of False Memory
- 2012-01-27Polar City Nightmare - Katharine And Daniel, Kate Kerr
- 2012-01-18Polar City Nightmare - Katharine And Daniel, Kate Kerr
- 2011-12-29Polar City Nightmare - Katharine And Daniel, Kate Kerr
- 2011-11-30Polar City Nightmare - Katharine And Daniel, Kate Kerr
- 2020-02-18The Dead City: Urban Ruins and the Spectacle of Decay (International Library of Visual Culture)
- 2020-02-06Sustainability and the City: Urban Poetics and Politics (Ecocritical Theory and Practice)
- 2020-01-11Citizenship, Activism and the City: The Invisible and the Impossible (Routledge Research in Place, Space and Politics)
- 2019-12-29Challenging the Paradoxes of Integration Policies: Latin Americans in the European City (Migration, Minorities and Modernity)
- 2019-12-23Global Asian City: Migration, Desire and the Politics of Encounter in 21st Century Seoul (RGS-IBG Book Series)
- 2019-12-20My Mexico City Kitchen: Recipes and Convictions [A Cookbook]
- 2019-12-19The Centre of City: Wind Environment and Spatial Morphology - Removed
- 2019-12-15Contesting Peace in the Postwar City: Belfast, Mitrovica and Mostar (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies) - Removed
- 2019-12-15Building the Inclusive City: Governance, Access, and the Urban Transformation of Dubai
- 2019-12-11The Centre of City: Acoustic Environment and Spatial Morphology
- 2019-11-28The Centre of City: Thermal Environment and Spatial Morphology
- 2019-11-28A City in Blue and Green: The Singapore Story
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.