Posted on 2019-08-09, by nokia241186.
2014 | ISBN: 4805312505 | English | 160 pages | PDF | 26 MB
**Winner, Choice Magazine Outstanding Academic Title 2015**
This Japanese design book presents the arts, aesthetics and culture of Japan with over 160 stunning color photos and extensive historical and cultural commentary .
The Japanese sensibility often possesses an intuitive, emotional appeal, whether it's a silk kimono, a carefully raked garden path, an architectural marvel, a teapot, or a contemporary work of art. This allure has come to permeate the entire culture of Japan-it is manifest in the most mundane utensil and snack food packaging, as well as in Japanese architecture and fine art.
In Japanese Design, Asian art expert and author Patricia J. Graham explains how Japanese aesthetics based in fine craftsmanship and simplicity developed. Her unusual, full-color presentation reveals this design aesthetic in an absorbing way. Focusing on ten elements of Japanese design, Graham explores how visual qualities, the cultural parameters and the Japanese religious traditions of Buddhism and Shinto have impacted the appearance of its arts.
Japanese Design is a handbook for the millions of us who have felt the special allure of Japanese art, culture and crafts. Art and design fans and professionals have been clamoring for this-a book that fills the need for an intelligent, culture-rich overview of what Japanese design is and means.
Topics explored in Japanese Design include:
The Aesthetics of Japanese Design
The Cultural Parameters of Japanese Design
Early Promoters of "Artistic Japan" 1830s-1950s
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41073
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Japanese Design: Art, Aesthetics & Culture
- 2019-12-18High-Speed Digital System Design: Art, Science and Experience
- 2019-07-01The Female Body in the Looking-Glass Contemporary Art, Aesthetics and Genderland
- 2018-12-28Form Code in Design, Art, and Architecture (Design Briefs)
- 2018-07-18Faith and Power in Japanese Buddhist Art, 1600-2005
- 2018-06-27Why Is That Art Aesthetics and Criticism of Contemporary Art, 3rd Edition
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Imagining Marketing: Art, Aesthetics and the Avant-Garde (Routledge Interpretive Marketing Research)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Eat. Work. Shop.: New Japanese Design
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Ninja and Ninjutsu - The Stealth Techniques of the Japanese Martial Art of Espionage and Invisibility (Ninjas and Ninjutsu)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Japanese Art: A beginning guide to drawing Japanese Comic Art
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Artifice and Design: Art and Technology in Human Experience
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Design and Aesthetics in Wood
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Analog Circuit Design: Art, Science and Personalities (EDN Series for Design Engineers)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Unfolded: Paper in Design, Art, Architecture and Industry
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Limited Edition: Prototypes, One-Offs and Design Art Furniture
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Japanese Design Motifs: 4,260 Illustrations of Japanese Crests
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Form Code in Design, Art, and Architecture
- 2016-10-20Japanese Art A beginning guide to drawing Japanese Comic Art
- 2014-03-26Eat. Work. Shop. New Japanese Design
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.