Posted on 2012-04-29. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0226527190 | 1971 | 350 pages | PDF | 20,5 MB
About the Author
Roy Andrew Miller (born September 5, 1924) is a linguist notable for his advocacy of Korean and Japanese as members of the Altaic group of languages.
Miller was born in Winona, Minnesota, USA, on September 5, 1924. In 1953, he completed a PhD in Chinese and Japanese at Columbia University in New York. Long a student of languages, his early work in the 1950s was largely with Chinese and Tibetan. For example, in 1969 he wrote the EncyclopÃ¦dia Britannica entry on the Tibeto-Burman Languages of South Asia.
He was Professor of Linguistics at the International Christian University in Tokyo from 1955 to 1963. Subsequently he taught at Yale University; between 1964 and 1970, he was chairman of the department of East and South Asian Languages and Literatures. From 1970 until 1989 he held a similar post at the University of Washington in Seattle. Since then, he has taught in Europe, mainly in Germany and Scandinavia.
Miller has written extensively on the Japanese language, from A Japanese Reader (1963) and The Japanese Language (1967) to Japanese and the Other Altaic Languages (1971) and Nihongo: In Defense of Japanese (1986). He later broadened his scope by linking Korean both to Japanese and Altaic, most notably in Languages and History: Japanese, Korean, and Altaic (1996).
On the occasion of his 75th birthday, Professors Karl Menges and Nelly Naumann prepared a Festschrift highlighting his career and including articles on Altaic languages.
- Ebooks list page : 18407
- 2018-08-16Grammar in Cross-Linguistic Perspective: The Syntax, Semantics, and Pragmatics of Japanese and Chinese
- 2020-03-14Studies in Japanese and Korean Historical and Theoretical Linguistics and Beyond (Languages of Asia) (English, Japanese and Korean Edition)
- 2020-03-03Grammaticalising the Perfect and Explanations of Language Change: Have and Be-perfects in the History and Structure of English and Bulgarian (Brill's Studies in Historical Linguistics)
- 2020-01-11English Words; History and Structure
- 2018-10-29The Plan for Perpetual Peace, On the Government of Poland, and Other Writings on History and Politic...
- 2018-02-01[PDF] English Words: History and Structure
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Tarot and Other Meditation Decks: History, Theory, Aesthetics, Typology
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Lost Road and Other Writings (The History of Middle-Earth, #5)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] A Descriptive and Comparative Grammar of Western Old Japanese: Part 2: Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Particles, Postpositions (The Languages of Asia) (Pt. 2) (Japanese and English Edition)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Modality and Structure in Signed and Spoken Languages
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Reading in Asian Languages: Making Sense of Written Texts in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Japanese and Korean Politics: Alone and Apart from Each Other (Asia Today) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Reading in Asian Languages: Making Sense of Written Texts in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- 2014-04-07Etymological Dictionary of Latin and the Other Italic Languages
- 2014-04-07Etymological Dictionary of Latin and the Other Italic Languages (Leiden Indo-European Etymological Dictionary) (repost)
- 2012-06-01Modality and Structure in Signed and Spoken Languages (repost)
- 2012-05-13Japanese Aircraft Equipment 1940-1945 (Schiffer Military History)
- 2012-05-12Etymological Dictionary of Latin: And the Other Italic Languages (Repost)
- 2012-03-10American Furniture of the 18th Century: History, Technique, and Structure
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.