[share_ebook] Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Fascinating Parallels Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters
Author: Derek Murphy
Publisher: Holy Blasphemy
Posted on 2011-05-26, by sharebookfree.
Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Fascinating Parallels Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters
Derek Murphy | Holy Blasphemy | 2011-02-26 | 490 pages | English | PDF
Jesus Potter Harry ChristÂ is the result of a 10 year obsessive quest into the historical Jesus. It contains hundreds of passages from ancient texts and sources, and many jaw-dropping insights into religious symbolism, sacred literature, and contemporary culture. From ancient mystery religions to modern fairy tales, from fictional Hogwarts to the ruins of Jerusalem, Derek Murphy, PhD in Comparative Literature at one of the world's top universities, narrows in on one crucial question: How do we separate the obviously mythical literature of Jesus Christ from the historical man himself?
To tackle this complex subject, Murphy uses the wildly popular Harry Potter and the religious controversies over J.K. Rowling's magical series to offer an innovative reconstruction of biblical literature and history. After exploring the religious controversy surrounding the Harry Potter series and tracing the similarities between Jesus and Harry,Â Jesus Potter Harry ChristÂ dives into ancient mythology, astrology, gnosticism, and Christian history, to see if Jesus can be distinguished from Harry based on the claim that Jesus was a real historic figure, while Harry Potter is obviously a fable.Â
"This is probably the first time a book encapsulates the works of contemporary mythicists such as G.A. Wells, Timothy Freke, Tom Harpur, Acharya S., Earl Dougherty, and Robert Price. Murphy bares a scalpel intellect in his first scholarly venture, dissecting the figure of Jesus Christ while peeling open the wonderful tales the other rising-dying godmen that once upon a time captivated pagan audiences across western civilization. Murphy never explicitly denies the historicity of Jesus Christ, but indicates that he has been basically swallowed whole by imagination and legendry."Â Â Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio
"My initial response to reading the title was that this was a joke of some sort. But I encourage anyone interested in the gospels and Jesus as literature to read the content below and see that it does seek to be a serious contribution to an understanding of the literary and mythical character of Jesus. Neither is this a slur against Christianity. The author rightly explains that the fictional nature of characters does not detract from the positive influence that character can have on those who love them. I particularly like the main idea of this book: Our question then is not whether Jesus Christ existed, but whether the literary character recorded in the New Testament was primarily inspired by a historical figure or previous literary traditions and characters." Neil Godfrey
"I'm impressed. A lot. I figured that "Jesus Potter, Harry Christ" would focus on the commonalities between Jesus Christ and Harry Potter, but Murphy's aims are a lot more ambitious. And interesting. In a highly readable yet semi-scholarly style, he sets out to examine the origins and evolution of Christianity, seeking evidence for a historical Jesus who is akin to the mythical figure revered by believers today. While unreal in an objective sense, Murphy demonstrates that the myths told in the New Testament and the Harry Potter series can point to personal truths that offer comfort, solace, and courage to anyone (which, really, is everyone) seeking to live life more fully, happily, and boldly. Brian Hines, author of best-selling book on Plotinus, "Return to the One"
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 11631
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Fascinating Parallels Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters
- 2011-03-15Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Fascinating Parallels Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters
- 2011-06-30Jesus Potter Harry Christ
- 2020-08-26Tae Kwon Do: The Ultimate Reference Guide to the World's Most Popular Martial Art, Third Edition
- 2020-08-18Whiskey Cocktails: Rediscovered Classics and Contemporary Craft Drinks Using the World's Most Popular Spirit
- 2020-06-23The World of Caffeine - The Science and Culture of the World's Most Popular Drug
- 2020-02-05Raspberry Pi Zero W Wireless Projects: Go mobile with the world's most popular microprocessor
- 2020-01-11Lager: The Definitive Guide to Tasting and Brewing the World's Most Popular Beer Styles
- 2019-10-24Tae Kwon Do: The Ultimate Reference Guide to the World's Most Popular Martial Art, Third Edition
- 2019-10-11Tae Kwon Do: The Ultimate Reference Guide to the World's Most Popular Martial Art, Third Edition
- 2019-07-19%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Secrets of the Waite-Smith Tarot: The True Story of the World's Most Popular Tarot by Marcus Katz Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2019-03-13Wikipedia, The Free Collaborative Encyclopaedia: The unexpected rise of one of the world's most popular sites
- 2019-01-25EXOTIQUE The World's Most Beautiful CG Characters
- 2019-01-08EXOTIQUE The World's Most Beautiful CG Characters
- 2018-10-08The IDA Pro Book The Unofficial Guide to the World's Most Popular Disassembler
- 2018-09-08Learn Raspberry Pi Programming with Python Learn to Program on the World's Most Popular Tiny Computer, Second Edition
- 2018-09-07Learn Raspberry Pi Programming with Python Learn to Program on the World's Most Popular Tiny Computer, Second Edition
- 2018-07-09The BabyCenter Essential Guide to Your Baby's First Year Expert Advice and Mom-to-Mom Wisdom from the World's Most Popular
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.