Posted on 2009-08-30. By anonymous.
Publisher: Rodopi | ISBN: 9042025794 | edition 2009 | PDF | 320 pages | 3,1 mb
The apparent self-sufficiency of joie de vivre means that, despite the widespread use of the phrase since the late nineteenth century, the concept has rarely been explored critically. Joie de vivre does not readily surrender itself to examination, for it is in a sense too busy being what it is. However, as the essays in this collection reveal, joie de vivre can be as complex and variable a state as the more negative emotions or experiences that art and literature habitually evoke. This volume provides an urgently needed study of an intriguing and under-explored area of French literature and culture from the Middle Ages to the contemporary era.While the range and content of contributions embraces linguistics, literature, art, sport and politics, the starting point is, like that of the term joie de vivre itself, in French language and culture. This volume will be of special interest to researchers across the full range of French studies, from literature and language to cultural studies. It will be of direct appeal to specialist readers, university libraries, graduate and undergraduate students, and general readers with a lively interest in French literature and culture of the medieval, early modern and broad modern periods. This book's fresh perspectives on the theme of joie de vivre and its relation to questions of privacy, contemplation, voyeurism, feasting and nationhood will also be of relevance to researchers in comparative and cognate disciplines.
- Ebooks list page : 3399
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2019-12-12Mapping Memory in Nineteenth Century French Literature and Culture
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Visions of Apocalypse: Representations of the End in French Literature and Culture (Modern French Identities) [French]
- 2013-03-01Mapping Memory in Nineteenth-Century French Literature and Culture
- 2011-08-16French XX Bibliography 61: A Bibliography for the Study of French Literature and Culture Since 1885
- 2009-07-28Pleasure and Pain in Nineteenth-Century French Literature and Culture. (Faux Titre) - Removed
- 2021-09-09Biopolitics and Memory in Postcolonial Literature and Culture
- 2021-08-31The Converso's Return Conversion And Sephardi History In Contemporary Literature And Culture
- 2021-08-19Cricket, Literature and Culture
- 2021-08-03Divine Epiphany In Greek Literature And Culture
- 2021-08-03Narratives of Forced Mobility and Displacement in Contemporary Literature and Culture - Removed
- 2021-07-22Ferdowsi, the Mongols and the History of Iran Art, Literature and Culture from Early Islam to Qajar Persia
- 2021-07-20Divine Epiphany in Greek Literature and Culture
- 2021-06-24Narratives of Forced Mobility and Displacement in Contemporary Literature and Culture - Removed
- 2021-05-12Pets and Domesticity in Victorian Literature and Culture: Animality, Queer Relations, and the Victorian Family
- 2020-12-285 Steps to a 5 AP French Language and Culture (5 Steps to a 5), 2nd Edition
- 2020-12-08Planned Violence PostColonial Urban Infrastructure, Literature and Culture
- 2020-12-08A Companion to American Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
- 2020-11-22Eastern Europeans in Contemporary Literature and Culture: Imagining New Europe
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.