Posted on 2019-11-15, by selverine.
Surveying the period from the rise of Islam in the early seventh century to the present day, Just Wars, Holy Wars, and Jihads is the first book to investigate in depth the historical interaction among Jewish, Christian, and Muslim ideas about when the use of force is justified. Grouped under the three labels of just war, holy war, and jihad, these ideas are explored throughout twenty chapters that cover wide-ranging topics from the impact of the early Islamic conquests upon Byzantine, Syriac, and Muslim thinking on justified war to analyzing the impact of international law and terrorism on conceptions of just war and jihad in the modern day. This study serves as a major contribution to the comparative study of the ethics of war and peace.
- Ebooks list page : 41774
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Just Wars, Holy Wars, and Jihads: Christian, Jewish, and Muslim Encounters and Exchanges
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Just Wars, Holy Wars, and Jihads: Christian, Jewish, and Muslim Encounters and Exchanges
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Just Wars and Moral Victories: Surprise, deception and the normative framework of European war in the later Middle Ages (History of Warfare)
- 2011-08-06Just Wars and Moral Victories: Surprise, deception and the normative framework of European war in the later Middle Ages
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Christians and the Holy Places: The Myth of Jewish-Christian Origins
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Christians and the Holy Places: The Myth of Jewish-Christian Origins
- 2010-03-04Christians and the Holy Places: The Myth of Jewish-Christian Origins
- 2020-07-02Shadow Government: Surveillance, Secret Wars, and a Global Security State in a Single-Superpower World
- 2020-05-26American Wars and Heroes Revolutionary War Through Vietnam
- 2020-05-15American Wars and Heroes Revolutionary War Through Vietnam
- 2020-05-09Golem: Modern Wars and Their Monsters
- 2020-05-09Inside Cambodian Insurgency: A Sociological Perspective on Civil Wars and Conflict (Military Strategy and Operational Art)
- 2020-05-07Total Wars and the Making of Modern Ukraine, 1914-1954
- 2020-04-21The Holy Spirit and the Christian Life: Historical, Interdisciplinary, and Renewal Perspectives (Christianity and Renewal - Interdisciplinary Studies)
- 2020-03-02The Russian Revolution: The Russian Revolution from Beginning to End (1917-1923) - Birth of the Soviet Union - USSR (Legendary Wars and Revolutions Book 3)
- 2020-02-18Dirty Wars and Polished Silver: The Life and Times of a War Correspondent Turned Ambassatrix
- 2020-02-08Order Wars and Floating Balance: How the Rising Powers Are Reshaping Our Worldview in the Twenty-First Century (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- 2019-11-08Wars and Warriors (Discovering Historic Scotland Series)
- 2019-09-28Imperial Endgame: Britain's Dirty Wars and the End of Empire
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.