Posted on 2018-12-07, by nokia241186.
Justice and the Politics of Difference by Iris Marion Young
English | 11 Sept. 2011 | ISBN: 0691152624 | 304 Pages | AZW3 | 471.11 KB
In this classic work of feminist political thought, Iris Marion Young challenges the prevailing reduction of social justice to distributive justice. It critically analyzes basic concepts underlying most theories of justice, including impartiality, formal equality, and the unitary moral subjectivity. The starting point for her critique is the experience and concerns of the new social movements about decision making, cultural expression, and division of labor-that were created by marginal and excluded groups, including women, African Americans, and American Indians, as well as gays and lesbians. Iris Young defines concepts of domination and oppression to cover issues eluding the distributive model. Democratic theorists, according to Young do not adequately address the problem of an inclusive participatory framework. By assuming a homogeneous public, they fail to consider institutional arrangements for including people not culturally identified with white European male norms of reason and respectability. Young urges that normative theory and public policy should undermine group-based oppression by affirming rather than suppressing social group difference. Basing her vision of the good society on the differentiated, culturally plural network of contemporary urban life, she argues for a principle of group representation in democratic publics and for group-differentiated policies. Danielle Allen's new foreword contextualizes Young's work and explains how debates surrounding social justice have changed since-and been transformed by-the original publication of Justice and the Politics of Difference.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38010
- 2018-11-21Justice and the Politics of Difference
- 2011-06-10Justice and the Politics of Difference
- 2019-01-15Critical Humanism and the Politics of Difference
- 2019-01-11Critical Humanism and the Politics of Difference
- 2018-12-13International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2018-08-23Ethical Responsiveness and the Politics of Difference
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Women Under Islam: Gender, Justice and the Politics of Islamic Law (Library of Islamic Law)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Let Me Be a Refugee: Administrative Justice and the Politics of Asylum in the United States, Canada, and Australia
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Empires in World History: Power and the Politics of Difference
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Let Me Be a Refugee: Administrative Justice and the Politics of Asylum in the United States, Canada, and Australia
- 2011-03-16Ratna Ghosh, Ali A Abdi - Education and the Politics of Difference: Canadian Perspectives
- 2010-04-11Pluralism and the Politics of Difference: State, Culture, and Ethnicity in Comparative Perspective
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2020-12-21Justice, Nature and the Geography of Difference
- 2020-05-18The Postcolonial Orient: The Politics of Difference and the Project of Provincialising Europe (Historical Materialism Book)
- 2020-05-06Rights, Religious Pluralism and the Recognition of Difference: Off the Scales of Justice
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Justice, Gender, and the Politics of Multiculturalism (Contemporary Political Theory)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] The Postcolonial Orient: The Politics of Difference and the Project of Provincialising Europe (Historical Materialism Book)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.