Posted on 2020-01-03, by books_lover.
Americans wrote fiercely during the Civil War. War surprised, devastated, and opened up imagination, taking hold of Americans' words as well as their homes and families. The personal diary—wildly ragged yet rooted in day following day—was one place Americans wrote their war. Diaries, then, have become one of the best-known, most-used sources for exploring the life of the mind in a war-torn place and time. Delving into several familiar wartime diaries kept by women of the southern slave-owning class, Steven Stowe recaptures their motivations to keep the days close even as war tore apart the brutal system of slavery that had benefited them. Whether the diarists recorded thoughts about themselves, their opinions about men, or their observations about slavery, race, and warfare, Stowe shows how these women, by writing the immediate moment, found meaning in a changing world. In studying the inner lives of these unsympathetic characters, Stowe also explores the importance—and the limits—o
- Ebooks list page : 42321
- 2018-11-14Keep the Days Reading the Civil War Diaries of Southern Women
- 2012-05-16Military Uniforms in America Vol.III Long Endure: The Civil War Period 1852-1867
- 2012-01-241861: The Civil War Awakening
- 2012-05-18The Desert War
- 2012-01-21Soviet Ground and Rocket Forces (The Illustrated War Library 4)
- 2011-11-07The Air War In Southeast Asia (Case Studies of Selected Campaigns)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: Years of Stalemate (July 1951 - July 1953)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: Restoring the Balance (25 January - 8 July 1951)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: The Chinese Intervention (3 November 1950 - 24 January 1951)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: The UN Offensive (16 September - 2 November 1950)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: The Outbreak (27 June - 15 September 1950)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Cold War New England: How One Region Fought to Keep the Cold War from Getting Hot
- 2019-07-08%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931 by Adam Tooze Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Vietnam War (America at War (Facts on File))
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Revolutionary War (America at War (Facts on File))
- 2010-08-08The Weight of Their Votes: Southern Women and Political Leverage in the 1920s
- 2012-05-16The Illustrated Directory of Uniforms, Weapons, and Equipment of the Civil War
- 2012-02-26Disunion!: The Coming of the American Civil War, 1789-1859 (Littlefield History of the Civil War Era) - Lzabth R.Varon
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.