Posted on 2019-01-03, by nokia241186.
Kitty Hawk and Beyond: The Wright Brothers and the Early Years of Aviation : A Photographic History by Ronald R. Geibert
English | 1990-09 | ISBN-10: 0929090012 | 160 Pages
This handsomely illustrated book tells the story of two twentieth-century heroes who fashioned from the raw materials of ingenuity and ambition a legacy that will live forever in aviation history. Aided by over 100 rarely seen photographs from the Wright Brothers' personal collection, the authors tell the story of Wilbur and Orville Wright: how they went from operating a printing shop and a bicycle store in Dayton, Ohio, to ushering in the Age of Flight; why Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, was chosen as the site of their initial experiments; and how Orville made the crucial discovery that led to man's first powered, sustained, controlled airplane flight on December 17, 1903. While many books on the Wright Brothers end with the historic First Flight, Kitty Hawk and Beyond goes much further, documenting in eloquent words and rare photographs the important events, post-1903, that frame the Wright Brothers legend: the founding of the Wright Company in the U.S. and France; the Wrights' celebrated tour of Italy and Germany; the legal disputes which, many allege, were indirectly responsible for Wilbur's death in 1912; and Orville's decision to sell the Wright Company and abandon the production of airplanes altogether. One is certain to find in Kitty Hawk and Beyond not only an excellent biography of Wilbur and Orville Wright, but a superb introduction to the history of early aviation as well.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38412
- 2010-04-07Kitty Hawk and Beyond: The Wright Brothers and the Early Years of Aviation: A Photographic History
- 2011-12-28Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2017-12-28[PDF] US Cold War Aircraft Carriers: Forrestal, Kitty Hawk and Enterprise Classes (New Vanguard)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Early Years Curriculum: The UK context and beyond
- 2014-05-29US Cold War Aircraft Carriers: Forrestal, Kitty Hawk and Enterprise Classes (Osprey New Vanguard 211)
- 2014-05-26US Cold War Aircraft Carriers: Forrestal, Kitty Hawk and Enterprise Classes (Osprey New Vanguard 211)
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Final Years, 1965-1973
- 2019-11-30Learning Without Fear: A Practical Toolkit for Developing Growth Mindset in the Early Years and Primary Classroom
- 2019-10-24Learning without Fear: A practical toolkit for developing growth mindset in the early years and primary classroom
- 2019-01-03Creole Trombone Kid Ory and the Early Years of Jazz (American Made Music Series)
- 2018-12-09Princesses, Dragons and Helicopter Stories Storytelling and story acting in the early years
- 2018-12-07Princesses, Dragons and Helicopter Stories Storytelling and story acting in the early years
- 2018-11-21Princesses, Dragons and Helicopter Stories Storytelling and story acting in the early years
- 2018-11-16Outdoor Learning Environments Spaces For Exploration, Discovery And Risk-taking In The Early Years
- 2018-11-15Outdoor Learning Environments Spaces For Exploration, Discovery And Risk-taking In The Early Years
- 2018-11-12Spatial Reasoning in the Early Years Principles, Assertions, and Speculations
- 2018-07-29Physical Activity and Health Promotion in the Early Years Effective Strategies for Early Childhood Educators
- 2018-07-09The Early Years Child Well-Being and the Role of Public Policy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.