Posted on 2018-08-10, updated at 2018-10-08, by perica123.
Kotlin Standard Library Cookbook: Master the powerful Kotlin standard library through practical code e x a mples by Samuel Urbanowicz
English | 30 July 2018 | ISBN: 1788837665 | 242 Pages | EPUB | 757.4 KB
Build optimized applications in Kotlin by learning how to smartly implement standard libraries.
Get the most out of the Kotlin library to develop high-quality portable applications
Explore the powerful support for data processing and I/O operations
Discover ways to enhance your Android application development
Given the verbosity of Java, developers have turned to Kotlin for effective software development. The Kotlin standard library provides vital tools that make day-to-day Kotlin programming easier. This library features the core attributes of the language, such as algorithmic problems, design patterns, data processing, and working with files and data streams.
As you make your way through the chapters, you'll learn how to implement clean, reusable functions and scalable interfaces containing default implementations. In the concluding chapters, we'll provide recipes on functional programming concepts, such as lambdas, monads, functors, and Kotlin scoping functions.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to address a range of problems that Kotlin developers face by implementing easy-to-follow solutions.
What you will learn
Work with ranges, progressions, and sequences in use cases
Add new functionalities to current classes with Kotlin extensions
Understand elements such as lambdas, closures, and monads
Build a REST API consumer with Retrofit and a coroutine adapter
Discover useful tips and solutions for making your Android projects
Explore the benefits of standard library features
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers who are familiar with Kotlin's basics and want to discover more advanced features and concepts, especially those provided by the Kotlin standard library. It's also ideal for experienced software developers who are familiar with the functional programming paradigm and other programming languages who want to switch to Kotlin. It will also help Java developers switch to Kotlin and integrate it into existing Java Virtual Machine (JVM) projects.
Table of Contents
Charm of ranges, progressions and sequences
Designing expressive functions and adjustable interfaces
Shaping code with Kotlin functional programming features
Powerful data processing
Tasteful design patterns based on Kotlin built-in concepts
Friendly I/O operations
Making Asynchronous programming great again
Unit tests with JUnit and Kotlin Mockito
- Ebooks list page : 36911
- 2018-10-08Kotlin Standard Library Cookbook
- 2018-08-12Kotlin Standard Library Cookbook
- 2019-07-16Rust Standard Library Cookbook (ePUB) ( code)
- 2019-01-25Rust Standard Library Cookbook
- 2019-01-10Rust Standard Library Cookbook
- 2019-01-06Rust Standard Library Cookbook
- 2019-01-02Modern Python Standard Library Cookbook: Over 100 recipes to fully leverage the features of the standard library in Python (PDF)
- 2018-09-07Go Standard Library Cookbook
- 2018-04-28Rust Standard Library Cookbook
- 2020-06-25C Standard Library Quick Reference
- 2020-06-02Itprotv Use The Standard Library
- 2020-06-01Itprotv Dive Into The Python Standard Library
- 2020-05-27C Plus Plus Standard Library Associative Containers
- 2020-04-17ITProTV - Use the Standard Library
- 2020-04-13ITProTV - Dive into the Python Standard Library
- 2020-03-03Pluralsight C Plus Plus Standard Library Sequential Containers
- 2020-02-06Mastering the C 17 STL: Make full use of the standard library components in C 17
- 2020-01-28PluralSight C Plus Plus Standard Library Sequential Containers-BOOKWARE-KNiSO - Removed
- 2019-11-03C Standard Library Sequential Containers
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.