Posted on 2018-08-17, by nokia241186.
Landscape Paradigms and Post-urban Spaces: A Journey Through the Regions of Landscape by Roberto Pasini
English | PDF,EPUB | 2018 (2019 Edition) | 240 Pages | ISBN : 3319778862 | 10.92 MB
This book presents: 1) an urban-studies panorama on the emergence of a built/landscape continuum following the anthropic expansion at the geographic scale and the consequent demise of the city/country divide; 2) an in-depth theoretical analysis of disparate landscape constructs, culminating in the proposal of a comprehensive spatial paradigm addressing both manmade and natural contexts; 3) the in-situ transcription of the proposed spatial paradigm into a landscape installation implementing a territorial narrative in the Sierra Madre Oriental of Mexico. Forward by Peter G. Rowe and afterword by Elisa C. Cattaneo.
By virtue of its openness, fluidity, and volatility, fluctuating between heterogeneity and diversity, today's built/landscape continuum exhibits analogies with distinct notions of landscape. The book determines an open-ended classification of contemporary space-making strategies exceeding the urban and metropolitan ambit, through a comparative anatomy of global case studies ranging from hard to soft: geotechnics or applied geographies, machinic micro-ecologies, aesthetic prostheses for operative metabolism, cybernetic utopias, atmospheric assemblages, psychic spheres, creole horizons, semiotic landscapes, geopolitical landscapes, geophilosophical excavations. The proposed spatial paradigm, accommodating aggregates of artificial and living systems, physical and mental spaces, and machinic and cultural landscapes, intends to reconcile the traditionally opposed 'scientific-cognitive-metabolist' and 'cultural-geophilosophical-territorialist' visions of the landscape. The resulting model transcends the exhausted myths of urban space, metropolitanism, and their filiations, in favor of a new form of urbanity and its attributes. Parts of the work were developed in the frame of research projects of Universidad de Monterrey and Parque Ecologico Chipinque and the IDAUP of UniFE and Polis.
The target audience of the book is researchers, teachers, and advanced students engaged in landscape and urban studies with a prevalent focus on theory. The book can also benefit professional and institutional audiences looking for ethical/methodological orientation.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36974
- 2013-03-23Roy Medvedev, Post-Soviet Russia - A Journey through the Yeltsin Era
- 2013-03-21Roy Medvedev, Post-Soviet Russia - A Journey through the Yeltsin Era (Repost)
- 2010-11-13Post Soviet Russia A Journey Through the Yeltsin Era
- 2012-06-08Canadian Gardening - Creating A Garden: Designs for Every Kind of Garden - from Country Settings to Urban Spaces
- 2020-02-19Old and Sick in America: The Journey through the Health Care System (Studies in Social Medicine)
- 2019-07-15#(Best) - Why You Should Read There Was and There Was Not: A Journey through Hate and Possibility in Turkey, Armenia, and Beyond by Meline Toumani Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2019-01-03The Lost Book of Mormon A Journey Through the Mythic Lands of Nephi, Zarahemla, and Kansas City, Missouri
- 2018-12-05Grits A Cultural and Culinary Journey Through the South
- 2018-11-20Dreaming in Turtle: A Journey Through the Passion, Profit, and Peril of Our Most Coveted Prehistoric Creatures
- 2018-11-13Circle to Circle. A Journey Through the Americas and Beyond
- 2018-09-28Godforsaken Grapes A Slightly Tipsy Journey through the World of Strange, Obscure, and Underappreciated Wine [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-22Godforsaken Grapes A Slightly Tipsy Journey through the World of Strange, Obscure, and Underappreciated Wine [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-18Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
- 2018-06-18Like a Mother A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
- 2018-06-18Godforsaken Grapes A Slightly Tipsy Journey through the World of Strange, Obscure, and Underappreciated Wine
- 2018-06-08Like a Mother A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
- 2018-06-06Like a Mother A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
- 2018-06-04Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Richistan: A Journey Through the American Wealth Boom and the Lives of the New Rich
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.