Posted on 2021-01-07, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 0754665992 | 2011 | 242 pages | PDF | 2 MB
Individually and collectively, these essays establish a new direction for scholarship that examines the crucial activities of reading and writing about literature and how they relate to 'authenticity'. Though authenticity is a term deep in literary resonance and rich in philosophical complexity, its connotations relative to the study of literature have rarely been explored or exploited through detailed, critical examination of individual writers and their works. Here the notion of the authentic is recognised first and foremost as central to a range of literary and philosophical ways of thinking, particularly for nineteenth-century poets and novelists. Distinct from studies of literary fakes and forgeries, this collection focuses on authenticity as a central paradigm for approaching literature and its formation that bears on issues of authority, self-reliance, truth, originality, the valid and the real, and the genuine and inauthentic, whether applied to the self or others. Topics and authors include: the spiritual autobiographies of William Cowper and John Newton; Ruskin and travel writing; British Romantic women poets; William Wordsworth and P.B. Shelley; Robert Southey and Anna Seward; John Keats; Lord Byron; Elizabeth Gaskell; Henry David Thoreau; Henry Irving; and Joseph Conrad. The volume also includes a note on Professor Vincent Newey with a bibliography of his critical writings.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46074
- 2020-10-09Psychopharmacology in British Literature and Culture, 1780-1900
- 2019-12-12Law, Society and Community Socio Legal Essays in Honour of Roger Cotterrell
- 2019-11-23Globalization, Labour Market Institutions, Processes and Policies in India: Essays in Honour of Lalit K. Deshpande
- 2019-11-23Perspectives on Neoliberalism, Labour and Globalization in India: Essays In Honour of Lalit K. Deshpande
- 2018-11-24Crossing Borders - Boundaries and Margins in Medieval and Early Modern Britain Essays in Honour of C...
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Kings, Lords and Men in Scotland and Britain, 1300-1625: Essays in Honour of Jenny Wormald
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics, Finance and the Social Sciences: Essays in Honour of John Barkley Rosser Jr - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Production, Distribution and Trade: Alternative Perspectives: Essays in honour of Sergio Parrinello (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Production, Distribution and Trade: Alternative Perspectives: Essays in honour of Sergio Parrinello (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2012-04-17Rethinking the Foundations: Historiography in the Ancient World and in the Bible : Essays in Honour of John Van Seters
- 2011-10-02Rethinking the Foundations - Historiography in the Ancient World and in the Bible Essays in Honour of John Van Seters
- 2011-09-20Rethinking the Foundations: Historiography in the Ancient World and in the Bible : Essays in Honour of John Van Seters
- 2011-09-19Rethinking the Foundations: Historiography in the Ancient World and in the Bible : Essays in Honour of John Van Seters
- 2011-06-13Christology, Controversy, and Community: New Testament Essays in Honour of David R. Catchpole (Supplements to Novum Testamentum)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Business and Politics in Europe, 1900-1970: Essays in Honour of Alice Teichova (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2009-08-30Joie de vivre in French Literature and Culture: Essays in Honour of Michael Freeman.
- 2021-10-11Music and Instruments of the Middle Ages Essays in Honour of Christopher Page
- 2021-08-22Essays on Turkish Literature and History
- 2021-08-18Cities, Saints, and Communities in Early Medieval Europe Essays in Honour of Alan Thacker
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.