Posted on 2018-09-08, by nokia241186.
Ellis Dye, "Love and Death in Goethe: `One and Double'"
2004 | pages: 349 | ISBN: 1571133003 | PDF | 1,9 mb
Goethe, in association with his younger Romantic compatriots the Schlegels, Novalis, Fichte, and Schelling, struggled with the subject-object dichotomy, and tried to bridge the gap between self and other, consciousness and nature. His theory and practice prefigured the Romantics' determination to display and interrogate the linguistic and cultural structures informing their own thinking and modes of representation-what Goethe calls one's "Vorstellungsart." His work exploits, subverts, and supplants inherited conventions and signs, demonstrating with virtuosic irony that literature is a system of texts, pre-texts, and pre-established but dynamic conceptual models. Love and Death in Goethe:"One and Double" explores Goethe's use, in a wide range of his poetry and prose, of the theme of Liebestod (love and death) and related embodiments of the paradox of unity in duality. Ellis Dye also examines Goethe's use of other themes related to love and death-the femme fatale, the vagina dentata, Frau Welt, the Lorelei, venereal disease, the Lustmord-and considers issues of selfhood and individuation as well as the possibility that the love-death theme contains an implicit gender bias toward the existential fact of personal separateness. Poems, plays, and novels are dealt with, nevertheless, as works of art, not only as illustrations of an idea or as points of intersection in a system of rhetorical conventions, and are examined for intellectual cohesiveness, elegance, and integrity of design as well as special meanings and effects. Love and Death in Goethe:"One and Double" explores the meaning of the central theme of Romantic poetry in the works of the most important Romantic poet of all. Students of literary culture, both the lay reader and the Goethe specialist, will be enlightened by its approach and find pleasure and instruction in its revelations.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37109
- 2010-04-10Love and Death in Goethe: One and Double (Studies in German Literature, Linguistics, and Culture) (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture)
- 2009-02-15Love and Death in Goethe: One and Double (Studies in German Literature, Linguistics, and Culture)
- 2011-11-20Unbound: A True Story of War, Love, and Survival
- 2011-08-12Unbound: A True Story of War, Love, and Survival
- 2020-07-28Hotel Florida: Truth, Love and Death in the Spanish Civil War
- 2020-06-27One Cup at a Time: Finding Coffee, Love, and Happiness
- 2020-06-26The State of Disbelief - A story of death, love and forgetting
- 2020-05-11The Ratline: A Nazi War Criminal on the Run, Family Love, and a Curious Death in the Vatican
- 2020-05-05A Race With Love And Death The Story Of Richard Seaman
- 2020-04-16Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time
- 2020-02-03The Kingdom of Women: Life, Love and Death in China's Hidden Mountains
- 2019-10-24The Unforgiven The Untold Story of One Woman's Search for Love and Justice
- 2019-07-25$%(Great) - Why You Should Read An American Summer: Love and Death in Chicago by Alex Kotlowitz Online or Download [*PDF *EPUB *MOBI] - Removed
- 2019-07-04$(Top) - Why You Should Read The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough Online or Download [PDF MOBI EPUB]
- 2019-05-04Martin James Bartlett - Love and Death (2019) [Hi-Res]
- 2019-03-20An American Summer Love and Death in Chicago - Removed
- 2019-03-20An American Summer Love and Death in Chicago [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-11An American Summer Love and Death in Chicago [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-07An American Summer Love and Death in Chicago [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.