Author: Andrew Liveris
Posted on 2011-11-18, by LionFar.
|Title:Make It In America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy, Updated Edition
|Description:America used to define itself by the things it built. We designed and produced the world's most important innovations, and in doing so, created a vibrant manufacturing sector that built the middle class. We manufactured our way to the top and became the undisputed economic leader among all nations. But over the last several decades, and especially in the last ten years, the sector that was America's great pride has eroded, costing millions of jobs and putting our long-term prosperity at risk. Now, as we struggle to recover from the worst recession in generations, our only chance to turn things around is to revive the American manufacturing sector and to revolutionize it. In MAKE IT IN AMERICA: The Case for Reinventing the Economy, Andrew Liveris Chairman and CEO of The Dow Chemical Company offers a thoughtful and passionate argument that America's future economic growth and prosperity depends on the strength of its manufacturing sector. The book
Explains how a manufacturing sector creates economic value at a scale unmatched by any other, and how central the sector is to creating jobs both inside and outside the factory.
Explores how other nations are building their manufacturing sectors to stay competitive in the global economy, and describes how America has failed to keep up.
Provides an aggressive, practical and comprehensive agenda that will put the U.S. back on track to lead the world.
It's time to stop accepting as inevitable the shuttering of factories and staggering job losses that have come to define manufacturing. It's time to acknowledge the cost of inaction. There is no better company to make the case for reviving U.S. manufacturing than the Michigan-based The Dow Chemical Company, one of the world's largest manufacturers and one of its most global corporations. And there's no better book to show why it needs to be done and how to do it than MAKE IT IN AMERICA.
Andrew Liveris is Chairman and CEO of The Dow Chemical Company, one of the largest multinational corporations in the world and a leader in science and technology.
Q&A with Author Andrew Liveris
What is the biggest factor to explain the dramatic loss of U.S. manufacturing sector jobs that began in the 1970s?
Author Andrew Liveris
There are a lot of reasons that the U.S. manufacturing sector has lost jobs over the last four decades, but they boil down to this. The world changed, and our policy approach did not change with it.
Think back to the years right after World War II. When it came to economic competitiveness, the United States was the only game in town. But after that, the European economies and Japan, with our help, came back robustly - both with a strong orientation to manufacturing and quality. Next came the Asian Tigers, followed by Brazil, China, India, and Russia - the so-called "BRIC" countries. Other, smaller economies emerged as well.
All of these nations were, and still are, are asking themselves the same thing. "How can we create jobs? How can we grow our manufacturing base?" And they're doing everything they can to compete - tax holidays, low-cost loans, you name it.
Meanwhile, the United States has stood still. We're still the world's largest economy, but every day, we are ...
Download Make It In America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy, Updated Edition
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 15368
- 2011-12-06Make It In America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy, Updated Edition - Andrew Liveris
- 2011-11-27Make It In America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy, Updated Edition - Andrew Liveris
- 2011-11-10Make It In America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy, Updated Edition
- 2012-12-14Make It in America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy
- 2021-01-10Manskills: How to Ace Life's Challenges, Save the World & Wow the Crowd - Updated Edition - Man's Prep Guide for Life (True PDF)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] For Men Only, Revised and Updated Edition: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Rereading America: Cultural Contexts for Critical Thinking and Writing (9th edition)
- 2013-10-17For Men Only, Revised and Updated Edition: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women - Removed
- 2013-10-16For Women Only, Revised and Updated Edition: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men - Removed
- 2021-02-12ATOM: It Is Time to Upgrade the Economy, 2nd Edition
- 2021-02-11The Influencing Machine: Brooke Gladstone on the Media, Updated Edition
- 2021-02-11Lao Tzu: Tao Te Ching: A Book about the Way and the Power of the Way, Updated Edition [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-13The Influencing Machine Brooke Gladstone on the Media, Updated Edition
- 2020-07-23Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians (Updated Edition)
- 2020-01-15Riding Shotgun: The Role of the COO, Updated Edition
- 2018-11-15The Experience Economy, Updated Edition [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians (Updated Edition) (South End Press Classics Series)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Adele: The Biography (Updated Edition)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians (Updated Edition)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.