Posted on 2019-02-21, updated at 2019-02-28, by nokia241186.
Making Sense of Weather and Climate : The Science Behind the Forecasts
English | 2017 | ISBN: 0231174926 | 307 Pages | PDF | 26 MB by Mark Denny
English | 2017 | ISBN: 0231174926 | 307 Pages | PDF | 26 MB
How do meteorologists design forecasts for the next day's, the next week's, or the next month's weather? Are some forecasts more likely to be accurate than others, and why? Making Sense of Weather and Climate takes readers through key topics in atmospheric physics and presents a cogent view of how weather relates to climate, particularly climate-change science. It is the perfect book for amateur meteorologists and weather enthusiasts, and for anyone whose livelihood depends on navigating the weather's twists and turns.
Making Sense of Weather and Climate begins by explaining the essential mechanics and characteristics of this fascinating science. The noted physics author Mark Denny also defines the crucial differences between weather and climate, and then develops from this basic knowledge a sophisticated yet clear portrait of their relation. Throughout, Denny elaborates on the role of weather forecasting in guiding politics and other aspects of human civilization. He also follows forecasting's effect on the economy. Denny's exploration of the science and history of a phenomenon we have long tried to master makes this book a unique companion for anyone who wants a complete picture of the environment's individual, societal, and planetary impact.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39346
- 2019-02-28Making Sense of Weather and Climate The Science Behind the Forecasts
- 2019-01-30Making Sense of Weather and Climate The Science Behind the Forecasts
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Making Sense of Weather and Climate: The Science Behind the Forecasts
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Weather and Climate: The People Behind the Science (Pioneers in Science)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Facts on File Weather and Climate Handbook (Facts on File Science Handbooks)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Fluid Dynamics of the Mid-Latitude Atmosphere (Advancing Weather and Climate Science)
- 2011-05-31Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII: Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, (International ... and Philosophy of Science// Proc
- 2018-11-20Sub-seasonal to Seasonal Prediction: The Gap Between Weather and Climate Forecasting
- 2018-04-22Timothy Keller The Reason for God, Making Sense of God and The Prodigal God Every Good Endeavour, Generous Justice
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Weather and Climate: Emergent Laws and Multifractal Cascades
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Meteorological Measurements and Instrumentation (Advancing Weather and Climate Science)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Gardener's Guide to Weather and Climate: How to Understand the Weather and Make It Work for You
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Hydrometeorology (Advancing Weather and Climate Science)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Fixing the Sky: The Checkered History of Weather and Climate Control (Columbia Studies in International and Global History)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Fixing the Sky: The Checkered History of Weather and Climate Control (Columbia Studies in International and Global History)
- 2014-03-30Mesoscale Meteorology in Midlatitudes (Advancing Weather and Climate Science) (Repost)
- 2014-03-22The Facts on File Weather and Climate Handbook (repost)
- 2014-03-10The Global Monsoon System: Research and Forecast (World Scientific Series on Asia-Pacific Weather and Climate) (repost)
- 2014-01-15The Weather and Climate: Emergent Laws and Multifractal Cascades
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.