Posted on 2010-07-06. By anonymous.
Marcelo Dascal, Han-Iiang Chang - Traditions of Controversy
Publisher: John Benjamins Publishing Co | 2007-11-21 | ISBN: 9027218846 | PDF | 310 pages | 5.68 MB
Controversies may be particularly prominent in one or another culture. Yet, there is hardly any culture where they do not exist. This book assumes that the practice of controversy, along with its theorization, constitutes â€“ in each of the cultures and disciplines where it develops â€“ a tradition. Whether there are enough shared elements in these traditions to consider them as, fundamentally, universal or not is something that can only be determined on the basis of a rich sample of controversies and theorizations thereof belonging to different traditions. This is what this volume provides to the reader. By presenting side by side controversies from the East and from the West, from the ancient past up to the present, from different domains of scholarship and action, the reader is in a position not only to admire the widespread nature, role, and richness of the phenomenon, but also to begin to evaluate its variety as well as universality. While the editors have purposefully avoided comparative studies of traditions of controversy, in order to focus on each tradition so to speak from its practitionersâ€™ point of view, some of the chapters take a birdâ€™s eye view and exemplify how such studies can be systematically conducted. In a world that is globalizing itself at a fast pace, the awareness of the multiplicity of traditions of controversy is fundamental for ensuring both that the integration of the various perspectives is harmonious and that each one of them is granted its place in a plural universe.
- Ebooks list page : 6358
- 2014-06-10Perspectives on Theory of Controversies and the Ethics of Communication: Explorations of Marcelo Dascal's Contributions to Philosophy
- 2011-12-29Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz: The Art of Controversies (The New Synthese Historical Library)
- 2011-09-25The Practice of Reason: Leibniz and his Controversies
- 2011-09-06Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz: The Art of Controversies
- 2009-04-28Controversies and Subjectivity by: Pierluigi Barrotta, Marcelo Dascal
- 2012-09-2423 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang
- 2012-05-16"Woven Fabrics" ed. by Han-Yong Jeon
- 2012-03-20The Hundred Thousand Songs of Milarepa By Garma C.C. Chang
- 2012-03-17"Mammography - Recent Advances" ed. by Nachiko Uchiyama and Marcelo Zanchetta do Nascimento
- 2012-02-26Jing Ji Jie Shi (4 Volumes) - Zhang Wu Chang
- 2012-02-24Las Plantas Curativas: Sanan Desde Siempre - Alejandro Marcelo Itzik
- 2012-02-24Chun Qiu Gu Shi - Lin Han Da
- 2012-02-22Mechanics of Elastic Structures with Inclined Members: Analysis of Vibration, Buckling and Bending of X-Braced Frames and Conical Shells (Lecture Notes in Applied and Computational Mechanics) - Chin Hao Chang
- 2012-02-19Computer Science and Convergence: CSA 2011 & WCC 2011 Proceedings - Han-Chieh Chao
- 2012-02-16Pregnant Pause - Han Nolan
- 2012-02-13Digital Television Systems - Marcelo S. Alencar
- 2012-02-11Computer Science and Convergence: CSA 2011 & WCC 2011 Proceedings - Han-Chieh Chao
- 2012-02-05A Clinical Approach to Medicine - Edited By Yong Yau Ong, K. T. Woo, Han Seong Ng, Patrick Tan, Ong Teng Tang
- 2012-02-03Analysis and Synthesis of Logics: How to Cut and Paste Reasoning Systems (Applied Logic Series) - Walter Carnielli, Marcelo Coniglio, Dov M. Gabbay, Paula Gouveia, Cristina Sernadas
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.