Posted on 2018-03-13, by fubber.
Create the extraordinary
At 19 years old, Frank Gehry was a truck driver taking sculpture classes at night school. His vision for what architecture could accomplish went on to reshape our cities' skylines, and the imaginations of artists and designers around the world. Now this master builder invites you into his never-before-seen model archive for a look into his creative process.
Frank welcomes you to his MasterClass. He shares what he hopes you'll learn from him, and tells you exactly how he found architecture. Or did it find him?
Frank is considered one of the most creative and expressive architects in the world. In this chapter, he'll share why it's important to develop your own creative signature and how to embrace the creative insecurity you will inevitably experience.
Design Philosophy: Part 1
Over the course of his storied career, Frank has developed a series of hard-won philosophies about design and architecture. In the next two chapters, he passes these philosophies on to you.
SHOW ALL 17 LESSONS
Design Philosophy: Part 2
Frank dives deeper into the theories he considers crucial to every architect's design process.
Sometimes the best ideas begin as the craziest ideas. Frank shares a few of his tips for exploring the crazy ideas, and where to begin again if you're feeling stuck.
From the great sculptures by Bernini, to the fluid movement in Hiroshige's carp paintings, Frank has found inspiration for his buildings in a myriad of places. See how he translates, interprets, and adapts shapes and themes into his own designs.
Critics, clients, even the ebb and flow of the economy can have dramatic effects on the work that you do. Frank shares stories of how he has overcome these obstacles, and ended up seeing them as opportunities.
It started with an offhand comment about a fish. It turned into Frank Gehry's signature style. Learn about Franks fascination with movement, where it came from, and how he's able to add it to an inanimate building.
Creating With Your Client
Frank knows the importance of communicating with clients. By including them at every step of the design process, your projects will gain order and personality. In this chapter, Frank shares how to make creative collaboration a priority.
Take Aways From the Walt Disney Concert Hall
Frank shares the highlights, and low points, of his time designing and constructing the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall. You'll learn the importance of being a master builder, prototyping your work, and collaborating with other experts.
Take Aways From 8 Spruce Street
Frank's high profile New York City highrise began as a study of movement. Learn how Frank collaborated with curtain wall experts to create 'Bernini folds' from metal panels.
Neighborhood and Context
When he starts a new project, Frank knows it's crucial to consider a building's surroundings. In this chapter, he'll share his techniques for situating his work within existing landscapes.
Materials and Prototyping
Being a master builder means staying on top of the latest in material advancements. Frank gives you a peek into his 'prototyping graveyard', where he tests materials that pique his interest, and looks for the humanity in the mundane.
Working with an architect is an enormous investment. Learn how you can honor your client's trust, and play an indispensable part in bringing their design goals to life.
Frank Gehry and Associates have been a bustling business since 1962, a monumental feat in the world of architecture. In this chapter, Frank shares how he runs an ethical, creative, collaborative, and profitable business.
Working With a Team
If you're thinking of hiring a partner, or working for one, listen to these best practices Frank has honed over the years. The key? It starts with respect.
After unpacking his process and sharing what inspires him, Frank explains how the next generation of architects can engage and challenge tradition to create groundbreaking designs.
1) Join the Files with Free Splitter v5 if extension ends with chunk00
2)Save the file as a .rar extension
3) Extract the archives with Winrar 5 with password
- Ebooks list page : 35958
- 2019-06-09MasterClass - Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- 2018-04-21Masterclass - Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- 2018-03-11MasterClass - Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- 2019-04-02Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- 2019-03-11Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- 2018-10-06Frank Gehry - Masterclass on Design and Architecture
- 2018-07-29Frank Gehry - Masterclass on Design and Architecture
- 2018-07-25Frank Gehry - Masterclass on Design and Architecture
- 2018-10-01Lynda - Java EE Design Patterns and Architecture 2018 TUTORiAL
- 2018-08-10Lynda - Java EE Design Patterns and Architecture 2018 TUTORiAL
- 2012-01-03Improved Operational Testing and Evaluation: Better Measurement and Test Design for the Interim Brigade Combat Team with Stryker Vehicles, Phase I Report - Panel On Operational Test Design And Evaluation Of The Interim Armored Vehicle
- 2011-12-10Improved Operational Testing and Evaluation: Better Measurement and Test Design for the Interim Brigade Combat Team with Stryker Vehicles, Phase I Report - Panel On Operational Test Design And Evaluation Of The Interim Armored Vehicle
- 2011-12-04Improved Operational Testing and Evaluation: Better Measurement and Test Design for the Interim Brigade Combat Team with Stryker Vehicles, Phase I Report - Panel On Operational Test Design And Evaluation Of The Interim Armored Vehicle
- 2011-11-24Improved Operational Testing and Evaluation: Better Measurement and Test Design for the Interim Brigade Combat Team with Stryker Vehicles, Phase I Report - Panel On Operational Test Design And Evaluation Of The Interim Armored Vehicle
- 2019-06-07MasterClass - Paul Krugman Teaches Economics and Society
- 2019-06-06[MasterClass] David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film (2019)
- 2019-04-14SOLID Principles of Object-Oriented Design and Architecture - Removed
- 2019-04-10MasterClass - David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film
- 2019-04-09Masterclass Paul Krugman Teaches Economics And Society
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.