[share_ebook] Medical Devices: Managing the Mismatch: An Outcome of the Priority Medical Devices Project - World Health Organization
Author: World Health Organization
Publisher: World Health Organization
Posted on 2012-02-22, by 4bookholic.
Medical Devices: Managing the Mismatch: An Outcome of the Priority Medical Devices Project
World Health Organization | World Health Organization | 2010 | 143 pages | English | PDF
Choosing a medical device is complex and requires a transparent process based on reason, evidence and assessment of prioritized public health needs. Poor choices lead to inappropriate use or non-use of medical devices and a waste of resources.This report suggests how an agenda to improve access to appropriate medical devices could be devised from applying the crucial 4 components—Availability, Accessibility, Appropriateness, and Affordability—to the 15 global high-burden diseases and some cross-cutting issues. The results of this exercise suggest several areas of research necessary to help make medical devices more available, accessible, appropriate, and affordable.Examples include: development of a kit containing simple and affordable technologies for measuring blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol levels, which could assess cardiovascular risk; developing portable, affordable spirometry equipment for accurate diagnosis and prognosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma in low-resource settings; and the development of more appropriate hearing aids which could potentially help people with hearing impairments whatever their age or setting. An example of a key cross-cutting issue is the need to develop simple, affordable, and reliable sensitivity tests for bacterial and viral antigens. Such tests could replace culture systems to detect the presence of pathogens and effectively and efficiently help to diagnose many high-burden infections and neglected tropical diseases. The Priority Medical Devices (PMD) project applied the "4 A" questions to some examples of identified key medical devices to further explore the downstream issues associated with poor access to appropriate medical devices.The PMD project hopes all players in the medical device arena can collectively use the findings of this report to help make public health a central focus of their activities, along with the work on policies, tools and innovations of the WHO Global Initiative for Health Technologies.
- Ebooks list page : 17607
- 2012-01-05Medical Devices: Managing the Mismatch: An Outcome of the Priority Medical Devices Project - World Health Organization
- 2013-08-07World Health Organization, International Medical Guide for Ships: Including the Ships Medicine Chest
- 2013-08-06World Health Organization, International Medical Guide for Ships: Including the Ship's Medicine Chest
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2021-05-12Mad by the Millions: Mental Disorders and the Early Years of the World Health Organization (Culture and Psychiatry)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Monitoring Bathing Waters: A Practical Guide to the Design and Implementation of Assessments and Monitoring Programmes (World Health Organization S)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Monitoring Bathing Waters: A Practical Guide to the Design and Implementation of Assessments and Monitoring Programmes (World Health Organization S)
- 2012-01-08The World Health Report 2006: Working Together for Health (World Health Reports) - World Health Organization
- 2011-12-03The World Health Report 2006: Working Together for Health (World Health Reports) - World Health Organization
- 2010-01-13The Third Ten Years of the World Health Organization: 1968-1978
- 2009-10-05The World Health Organization (Global Organizations)
- 2009-03-26Long-term Care in Developing Countries (The World Health Organization Collection on Long-Term Care)
- 2012-02-19Medical Devices: Managing the Mismatch: An Outcome of the Priority Medical Devices Project
- 2011-12-09Medical Devices: Managing the Mismatch: An Outcome of the Priority Medical Devices Project
- 2012-02-24Medical Ebook: Managing the Allergic Patient
- 2011-01-17Medical Device Safety: The Regulation of Medical Devices for Public Health and Safety - Removed
- 2022-05-11Lynda - SOLIDWORKS Managing the Design Library
- 2022-05-10Windows 10 Managing the App Lifecycle
- 2022-04-05Lynda - SOLIDWORKS Managing the Design Library
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.