Posted on 2020-06-28, by 0nelovee.
2020 | ISBN: 1910589780 | English | 213 pages | PDF | 2 MB
For almost half a century, Vivian Nutton has been a leading figure in the study of ancient (and less ancient) medicine. The field itself has been revolutionised over that time. In this volume distinguished colleagues and former students develop, in his honour, key themes of his ground-breaking scholarship. Spanning from the Bronze Age to the Digital Age, involving the cult of Artemis and the corpuscular theories of Asclepiades of Bithynia, the medicinal uses of beavers and the cost of health-care and wet-nursing, case-histories, remedy exchange and the medical repercussions of political assassination, this book has at its centre the pluralism and diversity of the ancient medical marketplace. The lively interplay between choice and competition, unity and division, communication and debate, so notable in Vivian Nutton's foundational vision of the world of classical medicine, is richly examined across these pages.
- Ebooks list page : 43995
- 2020-02-22Eurasian Empires in Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages: Contact and Exchange between the Graeco-Roman World, Inner Asia and China
- 2020-01-24Citizens in the Graeco-Roman World, Aspects of Citizenship from the Archaic Period to AD 212 (Mnemosyne Supplements: History and Archaeology of Classical Antiquity)
- 2019-08-27Food and Drink in Antiquity A Sourcebook Readings from the Graeco-Roman World
- 2017-12-08[PDF] New Aspects of Religion in Ancient Athens: Honors, Authorities, Esthetics, and Society (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Attis: Between Myth and History : King, Priest and God (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Sanctuaries and Cults in Crete from the Late Minoan IIIC to the Archaic Period: Continuity and Change (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Food and Drink in Antiquity: A Sourcebook: Readings from the Graeco-Roman World (Bloomsbury Sources in Ancient History)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Romanising Oriental Gods: Myth, Salvation and Ethics in the Cults of Cybele, Isis and Mithras (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Paul, Luke and the Graeco-Roman World: Essays in Honour of Alexander J.M. Wedderburn (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Corinth, the First City of Greece: An Urban History of Late Antique Cult and Religion (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Religious Practices and Christianization of the Late Antique City (4th 7th Cent.) (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Divine Images and Human Imaginations in Ancient Greece and Rome (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) - Removed
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Manichaeism in Mesopotamia and the Roman East (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-07-14Paul, Luke And The Graeco Roman World
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Cybele, Attis and Related Cults: Essays in Memory of M.J. Vermaseren (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) (Social, Economic, and Political Studies of the Middle East a)
- 2012-01-19Priests, Tongues, and Rites: The London-Leiden Magical Manuscripts and Translation in Egyptian Ritual, 100-300 CE (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) - Jacco Dieleman
- 2012-01-09Priests, Tongues, and Rites: The London-Leiden Magical Manuscripts and Translation in Egyptian Ritual, 100-300 CE (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) - Jacco Dieleman
- 2011-08-10Magic and Ritual in the Ancient World (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2011-08-10Ancient Magic and Ritual Power (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World (Reprint), V. 129)
- 2011-01-29Magic and Ritual in the Ancient World (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.