Posted on 2013-03-13. By anonymous.
2012 | ISBN: 0857090461 | English | 776 pages | PDF | 13.95 MB
Global populations have grown rapidly in recent decades, leading to increasing demands for shelter, resources, energy and utilities. Coupled with the worldwide need to achieve lower impact buildings and conservation of resources, the ability to achieve sustainability in urban environments has never been more acute. The contributors critically review the fundamental issues and applied science, engineering and technology that will enable all cities to achieve a greater level of metropolitan sustainability, and assist nations in meeting the needs of their growing urban populations.
The first part introduces key issues related to metropolitan sustainability, including the use of both urban metabolism and benefit cost analysis. Further sections go over urban land use and the environmental impact of the built environment, urban heat island effect, redevelopment of brownfield sites, urban agriculture, urban air pollution and emissions control, urban water resources and its reuse and management and urban energy supply and management. The concluding sections explore solar, wind and bioenergy, the role of waste-to-energy systems in the urban infrastructure, and smart energy for cities and sustainable urban development, transport and planning.
- Ebooks list page : 21586
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Metropolitan Sustainability: Understanding and Improving the Urban Environment (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
- 2014-05-05Metropolitan Sustainability: Understanding and Improving the Urban Environment
- 2014-04-22Metropolitan Sustainability: Understanding and Improving the Urban Environment (repost)
- 2014-01-07Metropolitan sustainability: Understanding and improving the urban environment - eazydoc.com
- 2013-03-15Metropolitan sustainability - Understanding and improving the urban environment
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2018-10-06Women & Self-Esteem Understanding and Improving the Way We Think and Feel About Ourselves [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Understanding and Improving the Durability of Textiles
- 2017-02-05Coursera - Understanding and Improving the US Healthcare System
- 2014-05-06Understanding and Improving the Durability of Textiles
- 2013-05-26Helping Sophomores Succeed: Understanding and Improving the Second Year Experience (repost)
- 2009-12-19Helping Sophomores Succeed: Understanding and Improving the Second Year Experience
- 2011-08-13Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2011-11-22Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2020-01-01Making Plans: How to Engage with Landscape, Design, and the Urban Environment (Roger Fullington Series in Architecture)
- 2019-01-31The Fate of Nutrients and Pesticides in the Urban Environment
- 2018-12-28Media Art and the Urban Environment Engendering Public Engagement with Urban Ecology (Future City)
- 2018-08-22Earthquakes and the Urban Environment Volume 1
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Urban Remote Sensing: Monitoring, Synthesis and Modeling in the Urban Environment
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.